Are you on drugs?

It's to the point where if you go to a doctor or dentist, they ask you what meds you're on, and you say "none," they look at you funny and say "Are you SURE?"

Because obviously, you must be losing your memory and forgetting to take your meds!

Same here, and the anesthesiologist took it to another level a few years ago when going in for a minor knee scoping. He asked where I wanted the injection. I said, "How am I supposed to know, your the one that is supposed to know that". He was stunned I had never had a procedure before. Its hard to believe everyone at age 45 has already been under the knife before, but he sure acted like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watching broadcast TV I'm depressed by the number of drug ads....maybe I need to be on anti-depressants. Big Pharma seems to be inventing conditions to sell you drugs and the latest results of a BP study that recommend getting everyone's BP down below 120/80 will increase the use of BP medication even more.

Several years ago i went to the doctor and had a BP of 160/90 and the doctor gave me a prescription for BP medication right there. I told him I was nervous and that BP is highly variable so I ignored his prescription, bought a BP cuff and took my BP over 2 weeks. I sent the graph to him and as the average was 122/75 I told him I would not be taking the medication.

... I have try many times to stop taking it but everytime after few weeks not taking it my blood pressure will be to high. My doctor told me that I am in danger of getting stroke if I do that. I was told I am stuck with one pill a day to the rest of my life. There is high risk of stroke on my father side, and my father had 3 strokes already, so I know what can happen to me if I refuse to take this medicine.

Sorry that you are stuck with taking one pill for the rest of your life. Why would you even consider not taking it, especially given your family's medical history?

Hypertension medicine have long list of side effects, and I was worrying about long term use. I was trying to lower it with natural remedies which did not work. Finally I gave up that approach and now I take a daily pill as prescribed.

Back
Top Bottom