Changing Part D, auto SS payments

wolf

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just reviewed Mom's Part D Plan. Premiums are deducted monthly from Social Security.

Will keep same carrier. (Humana), but change to a cheaper plan.

Medicare.gov. site, confusing. Do I just call Humana and request a change in plans? Does, Humana, contact social security to stop monthly deductions.

Would be simpler just to be billed directly by Humana and skip the auto
pay, by social security.

Anyone out there with experience. Thanks. :greetings10:

I'm speaking from 3rd hand knowledge here - so take with a big grain of salt...

Medicare supplemental plans are usually deducted from SS, if there's SS. (Might not be taking it yet, but be on medicare, for example.)

If you change plans during the open enrollment period - it all gets worked out for the auto deduction.

That's my understanding of it - based on info I've gleaned through the years from my in-laws and my parents. But I could be wrong.

We have our supplemental plans and Part D plans billed to us by the insurance companies. When we signed on I don't recall any option for auto pay from the SS checks. :confused:

We have our supplemental plans and Part D plans billed to us by the insurance companies. When we signed on I don't recall any option for auto pay from the SS checks. :confused:
Our Medigap policies are auto paid from our checking account and our Part D plans are deducted from our SS checks. When I changed part D plans last year (went from one Humana plan to another) I notified Humana I wanted to enroll in a different plan and they took care of making the change with SS.

I'm speaking from 3rd hand knowledge here - so take with a big grain of salt...

Medicare supplemental plans are usually deducted from SS, if there's SS. (Might not be taking it yet, but be on medicare, for example.)

If you change plans during the open enrollment period - it all gets worked out for the auto deduction.

That's my understanding of it - based on info I've gleaned through the years from my in-laws and my parents. But I could be wrong.

It is the medicare part B premium that is deducted from your SS check. In fact if you are already recieving SS you get automatically signed up for Medicare part B when you turn 65.

Our Medigap policies are auto paid from our checking account and our Part D plans are deducted from our SS checks. When I changed part D plans last year (went from one Humana plan to another) I notified Humana I wanted to enroll in a different plan and they took care of making the change with SS.

Thanks, your experience matches my Mom's situation perfectly. Even the same carrier. Humana.

Will, call Humana directly. Tell them to change plans. In my case, would rather Humana bill Mom directly rather than have monthly SS auto deduction. (easier to track, somehow Humana over the years, put my
Mom in a plan with higher premiums). (Mom only takes tier 2 generic).

Thanks for all of the inputs.:greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom