Changing Plan D

nwsteve

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Does anyone know if changing Plan D coverage with an existing carrier mandates a new application. I currently have Humana Enhanced Preferred and want to step back to the Preferred.
Besides Humana's awful Customer Service, their enrollment people seem incapable of bringing up an existing customer file and changing the plan election.
I did notice that even their website is really really slow now that open enrollment is started. Suggests to me that anyone thinking of making a coverage change may want to start now as I suspect it is only get worse.
Nwsteve

DH tried to do that with Humana. They screwed up the change so much that he is washing his hands of the company. Two hours on the phone to hear "oh yes we see our error, oh no we can't fix it, file a grievance with Medicare if you don't like it." Good luck.

DH tried to do that with Humana. They screwed up the change so much that he is washing his hands of the company. Two hours on the phone to hear "oh yes we see our error, oh no we can't fix it, file a grievance with Medicare if you don't like it." Good luck.

Sounds exactly like my two interactions with them. Obviously, Humana hiring does not include cognitive skills beyond 6th grade:mad:
Did your DH find a competitive option. Humana $29 Preferred Plan is a ideal choice for me.
Nwsteve

I wanted the base Walmart plan. I went on the website, elected it, and as far as I can tell it is all ok. I am getting mail and formulary etc from them.

Ha

Agree. Humana CSR terrible. Tried changing Mom's Humana Part D, to less expensive plan. Spent hours on phone, with Mom, on extension phone.
Humana, CSR, would not change Mom's plan. Said I was influencing her
decision.:mad:

I wanted the base Walmart plan. I went on the website, elected it, and as far as I can tell it is all ok. I am getting mail and formulary etc from them.

Ha

This is the plan DH elected for 2014 and it is very good. Humana sent him the booklet and ID for it, but then subsequently also sent him, three or four times, booklets and IDs for the old plan he had the previous year. He would call each time and they would "fix" it. Several months into this year they said he had enrolled in it outside the eligible period (absolutely not true, but one of the "fixes" probably was dated and interpreted as a new enrollment) and he had to stay on the old plan and by the way he needs to cough up $400 something for all extra premium costs plus the copays and deductibles he should have paid on the old plan. That is when the "supervisor" said he should file a grievance. I think I have heard DH swear maybe three times in my life and that was one of them.

DH said he still wants this Humana Walmart plan :LOL:, but I think he is going elsewhere.

I have the humana walmart plan and am happy with it. the best part is most 1st and 2nd tier generics are free if ordered from their mail order pharmacy. I have been on the cheapest humana plan since part d became mandatory and have nothing bad to say about them.

Back
Top Bottom