Cholesterol test results - Annual

When I see a new doctor and s/he runs bloodwork, I judge their overall quality of service based on their reaction to my cholesterol numbers. Those who say, "Your cholesterol is high...." don't score well with me. Better are those who say, "You have a unique/unusual panel..." Too many lazy doctors out there who just look at the top number.

Here's my latest test:

Total Cholesterol 246
HDL 103
Triglycerides 65
LDL 130
Chol/HDLC ratio 2.4
Non HDL Chol 143

Last edited:
When I see a new doctor and s/he runs bloodwork, I judge their overall quality of service based on their reaction to my cholesterol numbers. Those who say, "Your cholesterol is high...." don't score well with me. Those who say, "You have a unique/unusual panel..." Too many lazy doctors out there who just look at the top number.

Here's my latest test:

Total Cholesterol 246
HDL 103
Triglycerides 65
LDL 130
Chol/HDLC ratio 2.4
Non HDL Chol 143

Yours are very similar to mine and yes, I've gotten the knee-jerk statins prescription. The first time I got tendinitis and threw them out. The second time I ignored him.

When I see a new doctor and s/he runs bloodwork, I judge their overall quality of service based on their reaction to my cholesterol numbers. Those who say, "Your cholesterol is high...." don't score well with me. Better are those who say, "You have a unique/unusual panel..." Too many lazy doctors out there who just look at the top number.

Here's my latest test:

Total Cholesterol 246
HDL 103
Triglycerides 65
LDL 130
Chol/HDLC ratio 2.4
Non HDL Chol 143

Yeah - hey, take statins so that you can lower your HDL and thus your total cholesterol!

Back
Top Bottom