Dental treatment

That's a bargain around here. Daughter's old cat had one extraction and cleaning last year and it was $300+.

yeah i pay thru the nose for my dogs cleaning, they know im all in with him.
He and I start crying when i kiss him good bye. Im lucky they dont charge me more.

Last edited:
We used to go every six months. Mostly for cleaning. Few real issues.

Decided to try out an electric toothbrush since I am not a diligent with the manual approach. Went back eight months later and the hygienist could not get over the improvement. No plaque, healthy gums. Now DW is using the second unit that came in the box. We have moved to yearly checkups.

I figure the units paid for themselves in six months. We skip one checkup plus I am using about half the Sensodyne toothpaste that I used for the manual approach.

I just went for semi-annual today, cleaning and exam (no x-rays) was $175!!! I asked for a cash discount and she said only for seniors. i've been going there 16 years (with dental insurance) but today was my last visit.

...Decided to try out an electric toothbrush since I am not a diligent with the manual approach. Went back eight months later and the hygienist could not get over the improvement. No plaque, healthy gums...
Just curious - what brand and model electric toothbrush?

Listening to all of you bitch about how expensive dentistry is makes me feel really good about being retired.

(a retired dentist)

Listening to all of you bitch about how expensive dentistry is makes me feel really good about being retired.

(a retired dentist)

I'm not really bitching- my dentist is fantastic. He's a little younger than I am but I hope he never retires. Same for the oral surgeon, as long as I still need implants! I'd have a heck of a time finding replacements I could trust as much as I could trust them.

My dentist is curious and a problem-solver- very good qualities to have. And I hope this isn't too weird, but on my last visit I told him I'd found what was left of DH's implant in his cremains and asked if he wanted to see it. Of course he did, and he was fascinated by it. (I had it in a plastic bag.) I knew he would be.:D

Just curious - what brand and model electric toothbrush?

I know your question was directed to someone else but I'm using a Sonicare Elite. When that wears out I may be tempted to buy a Bluetooth-enabled version that uses a smartphone app to show how well and thoroughly you brushed.

I should have said "listening to people bitch",, would be more accurate as I have noticed not everyone is complaining.

That's a bargain around here. Daughter's old cat had one extraction and cleaning last year and it was $300+.
Pish! I had my dog's teeth cleaned with no extractions and it was $750. Most of the cost was for pre-testing for anesthesia, as she is 11 years old. It makes it worth my while to brush her teeth every night.

Back
Top Bottom