diagnosed with lymphoma

Great news indeed! I am so happy for you.

Ratface,

Oh, I just tuned in before dinner and got the good news!! It is such a relief to hear that your courageous fight--and your doctors' aggressive treatment--has paid off. My husband can't understand why I would worry about someone I've never met and probably never will, but it seems worry about you has always been somewhere in my mind.

The way you have dealt with the horror would be an inspiration to anyone.

Good that your surgeon is so mindful of sparing the nerves in your neck. I am sure you don't want anything to get in the way of your power-lifting, once your treatment is all finished. Refrigerators, remember! :LOL: :flowers:

Amethyst

Wow thats great. I have been following your situation. Brings a smile to my face! Thank you for letting us in.

This is such great news, thanks for keeping us posted!

Great news!

Keep on trucking! :clap::clap::clap::dance::dance::dance::dance::clap::clap::clap:

ta,
mew

Last edited:
I'm so thrilled to hear the good news! Cheers:)

Great news! For encouragement, a cousin of mine underwent similar treatment for a similar malady a couple of years ago, and it has not affected his beer drinking whatsoever... Hang in there!

I've been following this thread...great news Ratface!

Just wonderful news!

Thanks to you because of your thread that I went to the doctor to have a swollen gland on my right neck checked at the end of October. Last Monday, my Otolaryngology doctor told me I have Nasopharyngeal carcinoma cancer. It's a cancer in the uppermost region of the pharynx or throat. I will have 7 weeks of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. I will see my Radiation Oncologist next Tuesday and have my first chemo the Tuesday after next.

Thank you again!

Whoopie! Wonderful news, Ratface!

Evelyne, so happy you caught this before it got worse.....hang in there! Rooting for you now!!! You go, girl!

The power of this site!

First, the outpouring of people following this thread continues to touch my heart. I don't know how many of you remember, but I first went to the doctor because of a thread posted by Freebird about colonoscopy which she convinced me to go and get it done. (which I still have not done). It was pure coincidence that my doctor found the swollen lymph node at that time. I would not have gone to the doctor otherwise.

Thanks to you because of your thread that I went to the doctor to have a swollen gland on my right neck checked at the end of October. Last Monday, my Otolaryngology doctor told me I have Nasopharyngeal carcinoma cancer. It's a cancer in the uppermost region of the pharynx or throat. I will have 7 weeks of radiotherapy and chemotherapy.

Evelyn- I am so happy that you decided to go to the doctor. Early detection is always best for prognosis. My prayers are with you. Please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions about anything regarding the process. You will come out a winner!

People, especially you men out there, take the time, one hour per year to go see your doctor. You are all certainly worth it! If you haven't been to the doctor in the last year, pick up the phone today. It's better to know, things are more treatable early on.

First, the outpouring of people following this thread continues to touch my heart. I don't know how many of you remember, but I first went to the doctor because of a thread posted by Freebird about colonoscopy which she convinced me to go and get it done. (which I still have not done). It was pure coincidence that my doctor found the swollen lymph node at that time. I would not have gone to the doctor otherwise.

I was going to PM this, but I wanted to add to RF's acknowledgement of the collective kindness of strangers.

RF, I am so touched. :flowers:

I usually play the "tuff girl from Noo Yawk" and joke around, but today Miss Cynical here (with the marshmallow inside ;)) is feeling extremely warm and fuzzy.
I am literally crying tears of joy that we ALL made a difference in someone's life.

Wow...

Join the lymphoma list at www.acor.org to get information. I think there is one for Hodgkins and one for non-Hodgkins lymphoma. It works through email, not an online forum, but the lists there are always helpful.

acor is the Association of Cancer Online Resources

I've been involved with them for 13+ years.

Great news RF! Glad to hear it has gone well so far, and best wishes for the Z-neck re-section.

R

What wonderful news, RF! :dance: We knew you could do it!! :woohoo:

Evelyn--prayers for you. Thank goodness you went to have that checked out. Best wishes.

That's really great news, ratty. Been away for a while, but it's great to sign on and read your good news. I also got good news today, my PSA is zero, so it's hopefull they got all the cancer out. I'd say let's have a beer to celebrate, but maybe a green tea might be better.

RF,

Congratulations on your scan results. Keep fighting the beast with everything you've got.

Sorry about the recent loss of your BIL.

2soon2tell

I am really late to this thread. I have not read it all, but did read all of the posts by Ratface. I am so sorry for everything that you have gone through. It has been several tough months for you and your family, with your cancer and the death of your BIL. I am glad that it sounds like the worst is behind you and that you are finally getting some good news.

Evelyne-I am so sorry that you have received such bad news. It has to be helpful to know that others have gone through it and come out on the good side. I am glad that it was caught early and wish you the best.

2Soon2tell-Wow, I am so glad to hear that you have survived pancreatic cancer. That had to have been some kind of fight.

I will keep each of you in my prayers.

Progressing with the change of hospitals

First and foremost, "FinallyRetired" and "2soon2tell" my hat is off to both of you!!!

Yesterday was my first meeting with my new Chemo-man in transferring over to the new treatment facility. The reason for the move was that this hospital is a multi-diciplinary treatment facility where there is communication between all doctors involved in your treatment and also world class reknown. Right now I hope to not have to use him but I like him and he seems very confident. The idea is not to be treated in two facilities at the same time and just getting things in place if things go bad. I have several plan "B" s in different areas of my life since the cancer grabbed me. For instance having a marketing plan for my rural home in case a sale is quickly required. Since the BIL suddenly passed I have come to realize the importance of planning in these repects. Luckily we had done a revocable trust some years ago. Anyway I digress.

Surgery is scheduled for 30 November 2009. Seems the first Monday after Thanksgiving is not a popular surgery date? Wonder if they will serve leftovers? Should be an overnight stay if there are no complications. I'm actually looking forward to it. Should remove between 4-20 lymph nodes and the pathology will be telling. I already have a half dozen appointments for 2010. Scans, bloodwork, checkups with various doctors. I guesss it's payback for avoiding doctors for so many years.

I'm a Veteran, did not see any action but volunteered in the Army for three years and had a great time. Happy Veterans day to all of you who served in any capacity!

I'm actually looking forward to it.

Here's hoping this surgery will represent the longed-for light at the end of the tunnel for you.

. I guesss it's payback for avoiding doctors for so many years.

If you were in the Military, then I'm sure you're familiar with the saying, "Payback is Hell." :cool:

As always - we're rooting for you and are anxious to know what happens next. (Also, because of you, I'm a lot more interested in the sides of my neck, and husband's neck, than I used to be :flowers:)

Amethyst

Thanks for keeping us updated. Flowers from the Lone Star State...:flowers:

Though there aren't actually any flowers in Texas, but a bouquet of scorpions and termites just wouldn't have had the same effect...

Back
Top Bottom