Do I need Medicare D?

gayl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My pension (yes I'm one of those) has health insurance with an HMO. I am still confused re: Medicare. Do I need it? Scripts are $10 each and I get 2 a year. Each is for 90 days but they don't make my dose so I have to pill split to keep my labs right. 2 MDs and I've already determined that's best for me. But looking at year end stuff I've stumbled across IMRAA and learned that's why I'm paying more than I thought I would

My pension (yes I'm one of those) has health insurance with an HMO. I am still confused re: Medicare. Do I need it? Scripts are $10 each and I get 2 a year. Each is for 90 days but they don't make my dose so I have to pill split to keep my labs right. 2 MDs and I've already determined that's best for me. But looking at year end stuff I've stumbled across IMRAA and learned that's why I'm paying more than I thought I would
It sounds like your insurance is Medicare Advantage. If so, it probably includes drug coverage and you don't need Plan D. Do you know the name of the insurance plan? That might help.

Can you call your Kaiser provider and ask them to help you understand how your plan ties in with Medicare?

Back
Top Bottom