EasyPay Isn't Easy (for me)

Update since Friday afternoon.

I checked in and there wasn't a peep about prepaying. Great. But, the unrelated snag I encountered last week about the script, one which was supposedly resolved during my visit there last week, reappeared. Even though the office manager had included a clear note about how this snag was to be resolved, the tech still wasn't sure how to proceed. I made it clear to her what to do and the procedure went fine.

I spoke to the office manager afterward about this because I didn't like having to relitigate the ambiguity in the script, one which had been resolved near the end of last week's visit, just before the EasyPay issue arose.

Makes me wonder if I should use this place again for radiology services. Do I need all these administrative headaches?

Some more updates since December 18th.

The next day, I spoke to the Operations VP underling (regional director) about this breakdown in communications between the management and tech staff. He told me the tech was doing her "due diligence" when she asked me about the script issue but to me she was clueless about having (and verifying) the correct info from the office manager. He said he'd look into it but I don't expect to hear further.

I did get summary claim data (not yet an EOB) from the IC. It shows me having to pay about $110 less than what they wanted to bill my CC for using their EasyPay system. This means, had I agreed to use EasyPay, I'd now be chasing their billing department for $110, something I wouldn't get back for 4-6 weeks and multiple phone calls. This is why I endure the aggravation of avoiding EasyPay.

One last(?) update about this mess.

I received several bills in December and January from my April, 2023 visit to the radiology clinic. This was despite the fact that the original claim was processed by my IC, and I paid the remainder. I called their billing department and after they put the bill on hold for 6 weeks, they billed me again anyway. I spoke to the high-ranking woman who resolved the EasyPay issue and within 24 hours the charge got removed from my account, with apologies. If I had EasyPay, they probably ding my credit card, putting the burden on me to get my money back.

Back
Top Bottom