Eligibility and Subsidy Questions

reubenray

Recycles dryer sheets
I have been approved for a subsidy, but have several questions.

1) I received an email telling me I have a notice on the Healthcare.org website, but I cannot find it. The Live Chat could not help me either. Where will the notice be at?

2) What will the chances be that somewhere down the road the ACA is kicked out? If this happens what happens to the subsidies for the insurance?

3) My current insurance provider has sent me a notice of the cost of their ACA policy. But it is not shown on the Exchange. They (Humana) has told me that I could still get their policy if I have my ten digit subsidy approval number. Is this correct? I would hate to sign up for a higher cost policy and then not get the subsidy help for it.

4) I have the option to keep my current policy for the same rate for one year or get the ACA policy at a higher cost ($800 more). Being everything is still up in the air I am thinking about keeping the current policy for 2014 to see what happens.

I have been approved for a subsidy, but have several questions.

1) I received an email telling me I have a notice on the Healthcare.org website, but I cannot find it. The Live Chat could not help me either. Where will the notice be at?

2) What will the chances be that somewhere down the road the ACA is kicked out? If this happens what happens to the subsidies for the insurance?

3) My current insurance provider has sent me a notice of the cost of their ACA policy. But it is not shown on the Exchange. They (Humana) has told me that I could still get their policy if I have my ten digit subsidy approval number. Is this correct? I would hate to sign up for a higher cost policy and then not get the subsidy help for it.

4) I have the option to keep my current policy for the same rate for one year or get the ACA policy at a higher cost ($800 more). Being everything is still up in the air I am thinking about keeping the current policy for 2014 to see what happens.

1. Mine showed above my application, after it's downloaded will be in your download directory(assume you're running win 7 and default config) as a PDF.

2. When you find the answer please let us all know.

3. Check and recheck, I thought subsidized plans had to be on exchange. YMMV.

4 That sounds appealing to me.

Best wishes,

MRG

Last edited:
The Humana agent says I should have a 10 digit subsidy approval number. I have a 9 digit application number, but cannot find anything else. I use Google Chrome, but checked on Firefox and Internet Explorer for it. Is the Humana agent wrong?

I also received a 12 page "Eligibility Notice". Maybe this is what she was referring to.

I think you really need to go back and check what you are applying for. Healthcare.gov does not list Humana as offering exchange plans in LA. On the Humana website, using the location from your profile, they state they do not offer marketplace plans in LA.

The eligibility notice is just that, it tells you if are eligible a subsidy and what the amount is.

Being Humana is not being shown as an option on the exchange I am debating my current options shown below.

1) Keep my current Humana plan for 2014 which costs $514/month.

2) Buy a new insurance policy that I will be able to use my $1,083 subsidy on. My choices range from the final cost being $221 to over $500.

Option #2 would be cheaper than option #1. It would be simpler to keep my current Humana plan and not have to go through the hassle of setting up a new insurance.

My other concern is still what will happen if ACA is killed at some point. If this happens the new insurance policy will cost a lot more than my current Humana policy.

Back
Top Bottom