Food to avoid for pre-diabetic people

I am not pre-diabetic according to my yearly blood work, although I did have a borderline high fasting glucose number (99) one year.
If it were me, I would say "no sweat!"

Ha

The comments here remind me again that the majority of people posting here are outside the norm of our society.

I know many people
with blood sugar problems. Yet the comments I hear at large, are my Doc said I might be pre-diabetic, me "What is your fasting blood sugar?". Oh I don't remember, it was kinda high.He said I should try to cut back on sugar and if it's still high in 6 months, I can go on pills.

Someone in their 40's already on the oral pills," My doc said I could lose some weight and focus on what I am eating and that could work for me. I told him just put me on the shots, I don't want to worry about everything I eat."

A Type 2, been on shots for a least 5 years and having terrible sugar spikes and control problems, "I looked on line and found out I could eat cheese because it doesn't bother your sugars number much" This person is single and eats fast food probably twice a day.

Interacting with all you sane people on-line is making me less tolerant of the knobs. It's getting harder and harder to just listen and say Good Luck. What I really want to say is "get a clue why don't you:confused::confused:?:facepalm:

Sadly a great example of majority of folks. I have a family full of Type 2 diabetics. Have struggled with weight most of my life. I have had a meter for 6+ years and use it to help me stay on the rails. Seeing numbers I don't like are a real wake up call.

Bottom line is food IS medicine and each of us make our own choices every day. I know what I need to eat to feel my best. It may be tempting to eat like food was some kind of amusement park ride to entertain me. However I have learned what my body needs as fuel. Most prefer to use it as entertainment.

Food for thought... what do animals eat? Most have a diet that is known to fuel their bodies best. Most people wouldn't think about giving their dog a Snickers bar or the cat a box of Carmel corn.

Country Girl, the term "corn-fed" beef is very accurate. Fat or prime quality cattle are fed corn and more corn....

Back
Top Bottom