Foreign drug purchases

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
I haven't kept up at all on the status of people buying drugs from Mexico or Canada. I am now somewhat curious as our health insurance plan is going to change, which will potentially dramatically increase our drug costs.

Anyone know what people are doing and reliability of sources? I live fairly close to Canada so it would not be a big deal to make a trip there once in a while if the costs are substantially less. I also am spending quite a bit of the winter time in Texas, so Mexico is a possibility as well. It may be unwarranted on my part but I feel more "comfortable" with buying in Canada than Mexico.

Martha, Canada is much more transparent about its drug standards and they are comparable to those of the US, I believe. I am not familiar with Mexico in that regard.

We buy the dog's flovent from canada on a regular basis. Far cheaper than even my local Costco. When zyrtec was still on-patent in the US, we used to buy it from Canada as well. No issues.

If you want the name of the pharmacy we deal with, PM me.

I've been buying high BP and cholesterol drugs from Canada for years; they're about 40% less than here - only thing, generics are cheaper in the US.

We buy the dog's flovent from canada on a regular basis. Far cheaper than even my local Costco. When zyrtec was still on-patent in the US, we used to buy it from Canada as well. No issues.

If you want the name of the pharmacy we deal with, PM me.

Your dog takes the same drug as I do!

Back
Top Bottom