Health and Google

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
anybody else guilty of this?

Attachments

• 10347804_1193428900671998_1875984024021774473_n.jpg
    10347804_1193428900671998_1875984024021774473_n.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 39
Well, not the dying part. But I definitely use the internet to help determine if a visit to the doctor might be in order. Other than my eye doctor, who I see twice a year due to high IOP, I last saw my family doctor once three years ago. I take advantage of an annual free health fair that my former employer offers to get my blood pressure, glucose, and cholesterol checked. So far those results have been good.

I don't much but DW sure does. Even then I restrict my reading to reputable sites like nih.gov, webmd, the Mayo Clinic, and the like.

I'm trying to get better about this. But it still happens.

I catch everything I read about on the web or in a magazine. I had prostrate cancer twice last year-and I'm female.

I do research symptoms online. About a year ago I saw a doctor about something and she suggested that a specific thing be checked for. I told her I wasn't surprised since Dr. Google had suggester the same thing. She laughed.

I catch everything I read about on the web or in a magazine. I had prostrate cancer twice last year-and I'm female.

:LOL: :LOL:

A few of those jokers would have helped you cure it if you went in and asked, too. But then, it sounds like you took the home cure, is there a website for that?

Yes, I do this too, I got sent for a particular blood test so I looked it up and I was convinced I had leukaemia, turns out the test came back negative [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find some medical forums helpful--that is, people's experiences. For example, I am currently addicted to the nasal spray Afrin. I started using it a month ago for a very bad cold and just realized how long it has been that I've been using it once or twice per day. There are a LOT of websites dedicated to breaking the addiction and I picked up some good tips. Today's the day to get myself off this terrible stuff.

It is great for certain things. J have genetic aortic stenosis, and the internet has been amazing for finding others troubled by it and coping strategies.

I also have a brown recluse spider bite and anticipating the recovery after being released from hospital is invaluable.

anybody else guilty of this?
A few years back my brother went to his PCP to report some symptoms, and her first question was if he had discovered the symptoms from the internet. She didn't want to take him seriously and only did because he insisted. Further testing showed a serious disorder that took a year to treat and cure.

For me, it was worse before we had the internet. Back then, when I had a symptom, it was very difficult to find any sort of explanation or possible causes, so it was easy to assume the worst. These days I can find that there are usually many potential causes for any given symptom, most of them not life-threatening, and that for the things that are life-threatening, there are usually other symptoms (which I don't exhibit) that go along with what I'm experiencing.

Can't say I've gotten overly paranoid about it, but I do like to research things, if for no other reason than to not be a "passive patient".

Back in high school I took a genetics class and pretty much decided that I had every single disorder we studied.
I would probably be worse with Dr. Google!

Back
Top Bottom