Any Google Sheets pros here?

disneysteve

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I recently started using Google Sheets instead of Open Office at my daughter's urging to get with the times :LOL:.

Is there any way to change the default zoom on the pages from 100% to 125%? It's a pain that every time I switch sheets, I need to manually change the zoom so I can see it comfortably. I've tried to Google the answer but haven't found it yet.

In Chrome, it remembers the browser zoom level just like any other website, but not the View / Zoom selection. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and click the + next to the Zoom item until it's the size you want it.

For most websites you can use Ctrl + and Ctrl - to change the zoom level and Ctrl 0 to go back to 100%, but Sheets takes over those key combinations so you have to use the 3 dots menu.

I use crtrl with plus and minus keys to zoom. On Mac it is the Mac-thingie (I don't know the name of it) key instead of crtrl. Your browser is what does the zooming, not Google Sheets. The browser remembers the application so it should be sticky.

I use crtrl with plus and minus keys to zoom. On Mac it is the Mac-thingie (I don't know the name of it) key instead of crtrl. Your browser is what does the zooming, not Google Sheets. The browser remembers the application so it should be sticky.

Yes that’s the screen zoom on the computer. I’m talking about the setting within Sheets itself. I don’t want to zoom the screen because that just magnifies it and cuts off the ends so you have to scroll around to see everything. The setting in Sheets keeps everything in place but makes it larger.

I may be a little confused? Sheets is in a browser window controlled by AJAX (asynchronous javascript) for content but not for scaling your view. The Sheets browser window pulldown View/Zoom is not what you're talking about? If so, please explain a different type of zoom. I'm not a GUI user in general so I'm clueless on a lot of these things. I just use them out of necessity. Are you referring to some type of Windows accessibility capability?

Yes that’s the screen zoom on the computer. I’m talking about the setting within Sheets itself. I don’t want to zoom the screen because that just magnifies it and cuts off the ends so you have to scroll around to see everything. The setting in Sheets keeps everything in place but makes it larger.

I may be a little confused? Sheets is in a browser window controlled by AJAX (asynchronous javascript) for content but not for scaling your view. The Sheets browser window pulldown View/Zoom is not what you're talking about? If so, please explain a different type of zoom. I'm not a GUI user in general so I'm clueless on a lot of these things. I just use them out of necessity. Are you referring to some type of Windows accessibility capability?
Sorry if I'm not explaining it properly.

I'm on an iMac using Firefox. I can hold down the Command key and scroll up on the mouse to magnify the entire screen but that then hides stuff like the tabs and address bar and such and I need to zoom back out to see that. In Sheets, along the top tool bar, there is a drop down to set the zoom just for the sheet (50%, 75%, 90%, 100%, 125%, etc.). That keeps the overall screen format the same though. I like it set at 125% but have to select that every time I switch between sheets. My question is if there is a way to change the default setting from 100% to 125%.

Bingo! That worked. I hadn't tried it that way. I just experimented and tried closing and reopening sheets and it retained the setting.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom