IRMAA Reimbursement After Successful Appeal

Marita40

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
In a Medicare thread last fall, a couple people mentioned they had paid IRMAA, then successfully appealed it, and then were reimbursed for the overpayment. That's happened to me. But I haven't seen any reimbursement yet and am wondering how it comes. Do they send a check? Credit your account?

First time - they did not send us a check nor use the balance to apply to the Medicare premiums. After 3 months, we called them and they sent us a check.

Second time - they automatically credited to future Medicare premiums.

If you have waited long enough, then call them.

For Part D, I received a paper check. For Part B, I didn't receive any communication. After several months I called Medicare was told when I owe more than $25, I will be billed. This was in 2021. By my calculations I may have received some interest on the money held for part B.

TN Jim, I think for the first time, we also received a paper check for Part D refund but the rest of the money was held in pergatory.

Same, we got a paper check for B&D combined the first time, for about 9 months of the difference between no IRMMA & Tier 1. The next year, (2021) they reduced it in April for the same after I applied after filing taxes in early February. We never saw a refund and I assumed I missed it somehow. I guess I need to contact them.

Back
Top Bottom