It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also use MyFitnessPal.com to keep track of my calories. I've logged 175 straight days and have consumed 313,699 calories for an average of 1,793 per day. I've lost 46lbs. Being a numbers geek, it's kind of fun to keep track of everything. You should see my expense tracking (oh, that's another thread).

I still have a ways to go. I'm hoping to lose another 40lbs or so in 2019. I have my semi-annual doctors appointment next week and am looking forward to seeing if the weight loss had any effect on my blood work.

I flat lined at ~155 during the holidays. Was okay with that. 153 this morning. Almost to goal of 150. Want to be at goal before annual exam next week.

Best wishes to everyone here on goal attainment!

I also use MyFitnessPal.com to keep track of my calories. I've logged 175 straight days and have consumed 313,699 calories for an average of 1,793 per day. I've lost 46lbs. Being a numbers geek, it's kind of fun to keep track of everything. You should see my expense tracking (oh, that's another thread).

I still have a ways to go. I'm hoping to lose another 40lbs or so in 2019. I have my semi-annual doctors appointment next week and am looking forward to seeing if the weight loss had any effect on my blood work.
Hahaha. I bet it does! Does your doctor know your losing? Don't want to give them a heart attack.

I got to go off all my meds around minus 50. Great job.

I go to Weight Watchers (which by the way for some inane marketing reason is now just called WW, just initials but no name although I immediately think World War) and weighed in for the first time since December 12. Up four lbs from the holidays and our following ten day road trip. So glad to be home and back in the saddle!

DH and I are doing a Whole30 month of no dairy, legumes, sugars or sugar substitutes, grains, or alcohol (I rarely drink and he doesn't drink at all, so that's the easy part!). Today is day 3 :LOL:. I told him he doesn't need to follow it so we'll see how long he lasts, but I'm enjoying it. I don't think I could follow it much longer than a month, though. Even though the creators say it's not a weight loss program but a "clean eating" one (whatever that is--we eat pretty clean all the time!), they also say the average follower loses around 10 lbs a month. I haven't lost at that rate since my 20s :LOL: so probably will not be the average follower.

Whoops. Headed in the wrong direction: this morning (10-4-18) at 157.1

01-09-19:
Still heading in the wrong direction, up to 158. Beginning today I'll re-start exercising and re-start using MyFitnessPal. I want to see 154 again.

I've found to my great astonishment that sticking in a mild state of ketosis and eating a high protein meal or snack every 3 hours or so really did stop--completely--my prior insane cravings for carb or sweet foods. Of course, lots of people know this but I was one that for a long time thought it would never "work" for me and that my cravings were a result of my lousy childhood, stress, emotional issues etc :) Not true I found! Honestly, this was and has been an amazing discovery. Life without these cravings has been so much better than nearly-constantly thinking about food. Thinking back on my life it is just amazing how much my eating has changed. I did not eat healthy for the first, oh, 50 years of my life.

I'm here looking for some motivational advice. I'm mid 60's had a very physical job until about 9 years ago..maintained a good weight. After I quit working I put more effort into exercise and watching portions and carbs. I did pretty well and managed to hold a good weight.

Last year brought some serious health problems for my DH which culminated in him basically bleeding out in the OR during a mitral valve replacement. His 70 old world class surgeon was able to bring him out of danger after a 9 hour surgery. After an 8 day hospital stay and a long recovery my DH is back to himself, even better than last year since he has a new mitral valve in place.

On my end I've gained weight enough that a lot of my pants don't fit or show bad muffin top, my butts too big and all that. I won't even step on a scale because I'm mad at myself. At many points since last June I've told myself, I need to exercise more, I need to eat less carbs, basically I need to start giving a crap before this gets totally out of control. The first of every month I say it , every time my pants feel tight I say it.. I say it in the shower, but I don't do it.

I've always been a pretty good self starter but just seem dead in the water right now. I have started doing my daily video workout , but it's not going to be enough to get me back to where I need to be... does anyone have any practical tips, just little things that might get me jump started on this journey.

I'm starting to post here to give myself some accountably and try to make this a better year for me then 2018.

I am glad your husband is doing well .The stress from his illness probably did you in. I find the clue to motivation for me is to join a gym .Once I pay I will show up and once there I get motivated to stay and do an hour of exercise . Like you I had a very physical job and when I retired I gained weight and lost some ability so in order to function at a decent level I have to exercise . As Nike says "Just do it ".

I am glad your husband is doing well .The stress from his illness probably did you in. I find the clue to motivation for me is to join a gym .Once I pay I will show up and once there I get motivated to stay and do an hour of exercise . Like you I had a very physical job and when I retired I gained weight and lost some ability so in order to function at a decent level I have to exercise . As Nike says "Just do it ".

I'm sure you are right and part of me is using last years stress as a reason to drag my feet on the weight issue. However I've had a good handle on my eating since before the holidays, I'm doing my exercise videos at least six times a week.

The other good news is we are packing up our car and driving somewhere warm for a month starting next week. I'll be getting more sun, and be able to walk outside for exercise without fear of falling on the ice or freezing. We've rented a house and intend to cook healthy food and avoid restaurant meals except for a big blowout celebration for my DH's 70th.

I'm hopeful that the one month of pure downtime and stress release will jumpstart my attitude. I've gotten past the part where I would say "my weight is terrible" and then go get a package of cookies to eat with my coffee.

The nearest gym is over 20 minutes from my house, so the question for me would am I going to do all the driving in bad weather to hit the gym?

The nearest gym is over 20 minutes from my house, so the question for me would am I going to do all the driving in bad weather to hit the gym?

Instead of a gym, how about a used exercise bike or somesuch?

I finally lost another pound so my total is 52 pounds lost since last March 23rd.

Wow Well done!

Week 2 for me and the good news is another 2 pounds down (total 5).

Was pleased with this week so far as we have had problems with an elederly parent so very stressful and I managed to stick to plan.

UNTIL Wednesday :-( . We went to a wed afternoon group and some of us go for a quick drink afterwards. I planned to have one small glass of wine (which I did). But while we were in the bar, they were practicing making cocktails and needed tasters for free. I was the only one in our group not driving.... Can you see where this is going?

So back on plan today and am hoping to miss my Friday night drinks to make up for it.

Good luck everyone

New to this thread

I was been watching my calorie intake for over a year with great results, losing 55 pounds from Aug-17 to Aug-18. However, I quickly gained back 25 pounds when I returned to my old habits. I am back to tracking my calories and have lost 7 pounds since early Dec. 8 more pounds to my new target, then I will try maintaining again. Hopefully starting at a more reasonable target weight will lead to a better result.

Omalley

I lost another pound so that's 53 pounds since March 23rd. I am still pretty overweight, though.

My averages have gone up to 1390 calories/day, and 127 carbs/day. Both of these are higher than they were last spring which explains why I am not losing as fast as I was before.

I finally gave in and spent $200 this month replacing some of my clothes with smaller sizes, and I spent $277 on a box of grass fed beef steaks. Right now I lose well eating steak and I get so tired of chicken that I want to cluck.

So there are expenses, but on the other hand, MyFitnessPal dot com is free.

I lost another pound so that's 53 pounds since March 23rd. I am still pretty overweight, though.

My averages have gone up to 1390 calories/day, and 127 carbs/day. Both of these are higher than they were last spring which explains why I am not losing as fast as I was before.

I finally gave in and spent $200 this month replacing some of my clothes with smaller sizes, and I spent $277 on a box of grass fed beef steaks. Right now I lose well eating steak and I get so tired of chicken that I want to cluck.

So there are expenses, but on the other hand, MyFitnessPal dot com is free.

I know the feeling...about ten years ago when I was roughly 55lbs over weight I also got sick of chicken around the 50lb loss mark. I started adding salmon, turkey and tuna to the menu. I then discovered quite a few more lean chicken meals you can plan. I grill a lot of lightly seasoned chicken, but we also do shake n bake, chicken Cesar salads, chicken bacon ranch wraps/tacos, Caribbean chicken jerk, chicken wild rice soup, and other's I can't think of right now. I did make a list of dishes I could quickly turn to when we had the "I am sick of this" thoughts and that helps having a huge menu to pick from.

Well done Omalley. I found a thread on mfp about the changes people notice after losing weight, love reading it and it’s kept me inspired this week.

Week 3 for me and just the 1 pound down total 6.

Bit disappointed cause I have stuck with the plan. I know in my head that there will be good weeks an bad but actually believing this is hard.

On a more positive note, I am starting to notice clothes fitting a bit better and I think stairs are getting easier, probably due to the exercise I am doing.
Love my swimming.

Have a good week everyone.

I'm 53 YO, At 5'10" and 185#, i'm surprised that I am still this weight after the holidaze, and a week in Jamaica at an all inclusive Sandal resort. I was actually 196 the day I got home, mostly from eating, drinking, relaxing too much, but once I got back into my normal routine, I lost 10#.

I'm 53 YO, At 5'10" and 185#, i'm surprised that I am still this weight after the holidaze, and a week in Jamaica at an all inclusive Sandal resort. I was actually 196 the day I got home, mostly from eating, drinking, relaxing too much, but once I got back into my normal routine, I lost 10#.

16 years younger same height, down to 168...goal is below 164 before next week. Been crushing the weights and cardio 3miles on the treadmill today, 2 inline marathons last week, 4hrs on the slopes the other day...gotta switch it up.

Plan is to run 30miles, cut out as much dairy, sugar and carbs as I can, avoiding red meat and mowing down all lean protein now until Sunny Siesta Keys! Wish me luck. (A side benefit, the ole six pack is really coming through).:dance:

I ate everything I could during the holidays and after a colonoscopy to get me up to a fatty 178 lbs. So I've lost 10lbs since the new year, not bad considering we are only 24 days in lol.

Doing this to get ready for a few 5mile runs on the beach, some sailing in the gulf *I run the lines and bounce around the deck so being lighter helps.

Up another pound to 199. Hiking 4 days a week and lifting weights 6 days a week should start knocking the lbs off soon now that the holiday level grazing has ceased.

Week 4 : 1 more pound down 7 in total (or "half a stone" in ye olde English reckoning)

Seems to be getting tougher as the days go by. Perhaps because the novelty has worn off now, but I am not yet in the business as usual routine yet.

I now admire anyone who can lose weight while having to go to work as well.

I am measuring in Pounds, Stones, Kilogrammes, BMI and anything else I can think of. The way I see it is there are more chances to have a small win on a regular basis.

Snowing here today so I am not happy.

This weekend is the Superbowl which is the end of the NFL season, but it also is the start of the Rugby League season over in North of England so big weekend and I might have to plan a couple of extra drinks. But I will be watching the Superbowl the next morning rather than stay up late so that will be coffee and breakfast. (no spoilers).

Have a good week everyone.

UP 4 lbs since my base low last year of 183. Had my annual physical yesterday so had to fess up to all the Holiday eating/drinking and less exercise due too a bad cold and snow on the ground recently. But still in a good spot from 202 when I FIRE'ed Jan 2017. We'll (the 2 dogs and I) get back in our hiking groove as weather permits. We did 430 miles in 2018, goal is 500 for 2019.

58 YO, Male, 5'11" 147#, Runner, Cyclist
About the same. When I was ill in September, I got to under 140, but I've recovered and like to stay between 144-147. My weight can vary by a few pounds during the week depending on how much I drink, how much TexMex I eat, and how much I exercise.

One of my resolutions for 2019 was to weigh everyday to maintain the -20 lb weight loss I accomplished in 2018. My weight "window" is 122-125. Today I was 123.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom