It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's WEDNESDAY!!!

December 1st, 2008: 251 (lifetime high :( )
February 3rd, 2009: 244.5
February 11th, 2009: 239.5
February 18th, 2009: 238

Hi everyone :greetings10:. It's been a few months since I've posted anything - I've just been really busy with work and life in general :whistle:

Plus, I kind of fell off the wagon around Christmas and am just starting to get my mojo back now! Unfortunately, I GAINED about 5.6 lbs between Christmas and now, which is bad, but I guess it could also be a lot worse! Now that I'm back, I hope to have something more positive to post next week :D.

Good job everyone on your weight loss journeys!

Slow progress - but feeling I'm good today. I'm finding that it matters to me that I will be reporting here. Thanks everyone.

28 Jan 2009 220
4 Feb 2009 220
11 Feb 2009 219.5
18 Feb 2009 219

Shorter Term Goal 215
Short Term Goal 200
Final Goal 140

202.5lbs - down 3.5 lbs. Funny, I was a pound lighter yesterday.

I bought P90X this week and will be starting it this weekend. My research on the program indicated I needed to reach a certain fitness level before I tried it out as it is a gruelling program. My BMI number is about 7 lbs away from being out of the "overweight" category and into the "normal weight" category, plus I'm running about 12 miles a week and lifting weights - hopefully it's enough. All my Marine buddies swear by it. I'm thinking about starting a new thread on Sunday with a before picture and do 30, 60, and 90 day updates.

1/23: 196.8 17.1% body fat.
(snip ...)
7/30: 191.8 16.0%
(snip ...)
11/12: 195.2 17.1%
11/19: 195.0 17.0%
11/26: 195.6 17.1%
12/03: 198.2 17.8%
12/10: 196.6 16.8%
12/17: 197.6 16.5%
1/07: 200.6 17.9%
1/14: 200.0 18.0%
1/28: 201.0 18.2%
2/04: 199.4 18.4%
2/11: 200.6 18.6%
2/18: 200.8 18.9%

Goal: 190.0 15.3%

Well, so much for last week's fat percentage being an aberration. I'm definitely getting squishier around the edges. I'm planning on taking part in a martial arts class today (with an arm in the sling), so we'll see how that goes. My broken toe (from 7 weeks back) is still bugging me, so I don't want to overstress that.

I'm looking forward to the day when I'm back to exercising normally.

I bought P90X this week and will be starting it this weekend. My research on the program indicated I needed to reach a certain fitness level before I tried it out as it is a gruelling program. My BMI number is about 7 lbs away from being out of the "overweight" category and into the "normal weight" category, plus I'm running about 12 miles a week and lifting weights - hopefully it's enough. All my Marine buddies swear by it. I'm thinking about starting a new thread on Sunday with a before picture and do 30, 60, and 90 day updates.

Sounds great! I'll be interested to see how it goes.

I've heard nothing but good about that program. Maybe when I drop another 20# this body might be capable of doing it.

My best friend is on P90X. He completed the first 90 days and is now restarting. He swears by it. What I like is that there is a built in stretching and yoga day to give your body a break.

I keep hearing the same from all my buddies. I'm a little intimidated, but excited, too. I would love to look like that, and I'm going to Hawaii in mid-April so some of the benefits should have kicked in by then.

177.5 Nov 2008
180.5 Dec 26, 2008 - a few holiday parties got me! :p
181 Dec 31, 2008 - weight is peaked :D
179 Jan 7, 2009
179 Jan 21 :cool: food portion control plan working. Started using daily fiber supplements for hunger control.
178 Jan 28 :) steady as she goes...
179 Feb 6 (late reporting)
179 Feb 11 - need to start some exercise now that portion control is mastered. step by step...
177 Feb 18 :dance:

Short Term Goal - 170 lbs and maintaining all through 2009
Long Term Goal - 165 lbs for 2010
High school weight 135 lbs senior year, running track

Been a while since I posted. Been running 12-15 miles a week, plus stationary bike and weights. No weight loss to speak of. At 238 now, got down to 231 before the holidays and it crept back up to about 240 or so. Had my annual physical last week, and all my numbers are worse...all of them now borderline when just 3 months ago I was way into the safe zone with everything but weight. The thing too, is that they are worse than this time last year when I wasn't doing ANY exercise.:mad: Now I'm so bummed I don't even want to try, and have been lazy this week.:blush: Maybe I can get back in the saddle tomorrow...we'll see. Told doc I was running 12-15 miles...he said run more...and faster. (Now when am I gonna do that:confused:...I'm still chained to the desk:nonono:).

Been a while since I posted. Been running 12-15 miles a week, plus stationary bike and weights. No weight loss to speak of. At 238 now, got down to 231 before the holidays and it crept back up to about 240 or so. Had my annual physical last week, and all my numbers are worse...all of them now borderline when just 3 months ago I was way into the safe zone with everything but weight. The thing too, is that they are worse than this time last year when I wasn't doing ANY exercise.:mad: Now I'm so bummed I don't even want to try, and have been lazy this week.:blush: Maybe I can get back in the saddle tomorrow...we'll see. Told doc I was running 12-15 miles...he said run more...and faster. (Now when am I gonna do that:confused:...I'm still chained to the desk:nonono:).

Are you eating ENOUGH? If you're exercising that much and still counting calories, your body might be in starvation mode where it just hangs on to every single calorie that you're putting into it. You should actually try eating MORE to see if that will kick-start things.

Are you eating ENOUGH? If you're exercising that much and still counting calories, your body might be in starvation mode where it just hangs on to every single calorie that you're putting into it. You should actually try eating MORE to see if that will kick-start things.

Yes. It's counter-intuitive but I lose more weight when I eat enough to not be hungry.

6' 1" Target range 170 - 175.

Highest was 210lb (2002)

11/12 – 176.5
11/19 & 11/26 - away on business & vacation
12/3 - 177
12/10 -178.5
12/17 - 176.5
12/20 - 1/4 - away on vacation
1/7 - 180.0
1/14 - 178.5
1/21 - 177.5
1/28 - 177.5
2/4 – 177
2/11 – 177
2/18 -177

still on that plateau :cool:

Didn't weigh in this morning...I was up all night with a high fever (103.7 F). To the doc today - acute bronchitis and to stay out of work the rest of the week. Ughh. I hate being sick!:(

126# (up one pound from 2 wks ago). Feeling better, but not yet 100%. Hope to try exercising this weekend. Right now I think it would make me cough too much.

Yes. It's counter-intuitive but I lose more weight when I eat enough to not be hungry.

Same here, I sometimes get tempted to starve myself before my two weigh in days (here on Wed. and elsewhere on Fri.) and it always backfires.

I didn't see where Rambler said he was counting calories, though. It's critical to know what you are putting in you and how many calories total you consume. It's a fine line and the thing about excercise is that faster metabolism comes with a bigger appetite, and if you stuff the wrong foods in (or too much of it) you can end up gaining.

It depends on weight but I think anything less than 1000 calories/day and your body definitely kicks into starvation mode.

Turns out My scale does more than I thought. I'm 201# and 24% fat. Thin enough that I could just make the pre-bootcamp fitness requirements for the army.

I've started taking a drug cocktail that might give me the energy to do a some pushup or at least cut back on the smoking.

Turns out My scale does more than I thought. I'm 201# and 24% fat. Thin enough that I could just make the pre-bootcamp fitness requirements for the army.

I've started taking a drug cocktail that might give me the energy to do a some pushup or at least cut back on the smoking.

Good luck with the drugs. Cutting out the smoking is most likely the single most beneficial thing you can do. Cutting back will be a big first step, do you know how many cigs a week you smoke, so you can measure your progress?

Probably in the 140 range give or take. Though I have a feeling That's the kind of progress one shouldn't chart. It would be like trying to diet by making a chart of how little chocolate cake you ate each week.

Probably in the 140 range give or take. Though I have a feeling That's the kind of progress one shouldn't chart. It would be like trying to diet by making a chart of how little chocolate cake you ate each week.

Good analagy :LOL:

6 Years back my sister started a cessation program with her Doctor - paid for by the NHS in the UK. The regular trips to the Doc included a CO test so impossible to cheat the Doc.

She measured progress by putting the cash aside for 7 packs a week in a jar and the end of the week putting the balance into savings (cigs are taxed very high in the UK). After 6 months she was off them altogether and 1 year later went out and bought something very nice for herself with the savings.

As well stopping the smoking she also made great progress on weight loss so I hope you do as well as she has.

wow, 25 lbs in just over 3 months - excellent progress.

Thanks.

I am surprised to be honest in my progress in the last week or so. It seems that I lost 3 lbs without much of an effort.

Could be the stress with dealing with my kitchen remodeling contractor..:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom