It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
SG, that looks awesome and exactly the sort of thing we were looking for! Summerville is a bit of a haul up the road, but they have lots of class times. Do you do the regular DT classes? Or the PACE or DTBT?

I'll check it out and let you know! Sounds really cool! :)

177.5 Nov 2008
180.5 Dec 26, 2008 a few holiday parties got me! :p
181 Dec 31, 2008 - weight is peaked :D
179 Jan 21 :cool: food portion control plan working. Started using daily fiber supplements for hunger control.
178 Jan 28
180 Feb 25
177 Mar 25
177.5 Apr 1 - consistency, though boring, means no weight gain. :D
176 Apr 22 -:dance: 4x exercise bike last week, 15-20 mins per session, started light barbells for upper body
180.5 May 20 - self-inflicted damage
177 May 27 - really watched my food intake and lots of light activity

Short Term Goal - 170 lbs and maintaining all through 2009
Long Term Goal - 165 lbs for 2010
High school weight 135 lbs senior year, running track

6'0" Target 175lbs

2/11 185
2/18 184
2/25 184
3/04 182
3/11 180.5
3/18 180
3/25 180
4/01 180
4/08 180
4/15 179.5
4/22 180.5
4/29 180
5/06 181
5/13 180
5/20 179.5
5/27 179.5

SG, that looks awesome and exactly the sort of thing we were looking for! Summerville is a bit of a haul up the road, but they have lots of class times. Do you do the regular DT classes? Or the PACE or DTBT?

I'll check it out and let you know! Sounds really cool! :)

I have done enough classes to memorize enough routines to work out by myself at home (nearest class for me it 2 hrs away, so I can't go regularly). However, going to classes is hands-down the best. The energy of dancing in a room full of people is a blast!

I've never done a PACE class, but I know what it is. It is a very, very slow breakdown of the routines. It is for people who need extra time to learn a routine. I've been to DTBT - "Dance Trance Breakdown". Here you also have the routines broken down, but it is taught at a faster pace than PACE. Which one to choose would be based upon how quickly you learn dance. If you have a little dance background or learn routines rather easily then you should be fine with DTBT. I see she offers both prior to the regular DT class. That's perfect. You go to a breakdown class, learn one or two routines, then do the full all-out DT class. After you've done enough breakdown classes you won't need to go to them so often - just when a new routine is introduced.

A few tips here - when you first go, realize this class is intimidating for most people the first time. Don't give up - it is soooooooooo fun once you learn the routines! And, when you don't know a song, try to just learn the feet moves first, and also be sure to just move along with the class even if you aren't doing the moves perfect (keeps people from running over each other, LOL). Most importantly, have FUN! Oh my gosh, I am so jealous that you have a studio near you (relatively)!

Uggh...132#. :nonono:

I am going on a cruise next week so my weight gain after that, sadly, I'm sure will all be due to fat (I love carnival's melting chocolate cake waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much!).

132#. Whew...! After all of the indulgence last week, I am so glad to see I haven't gained like 5# (hopefully it won't just be a delayed onset of weight gain that hasn't shown up yet....). I did work out 5 of the 7 days when on the ship...proud of myself for that!

I had reported that starting a daily AM dose of soluble fiber (Metamucil) back in January for a more efficient I/O system :LOL: was also helping me with appetite control.
The feeling of fullness is really contributing to the portion control side of the weight loss equation. :D
I discovered this article today, FWIW. Author seems to be a legitimate source.
Does More Fiber Mean More Weight Loss? - MSN Health & Fitness - Weight Loss

132#. Whew...! After all of the indulgence last week, I am so glad to see I haven't gained like 5# (hopefully it won't just be a delayed onset of weight gain that hasn't shown up yet....). I did work out 5 of the 7 days when on the ship...proud of myself for that!
That is a MAJOR accomplishment! :clap::clap::clap:
I am facing the same "problem" :( this summer. I am trying to lose 5 lbs before I go on my cruise, because I know what will happen. We will be doing a lot of walking on all day shore excursions. I plan to do the "around the ship" mile on the Promenade deck on the 2 days at sea.

That is a MAJOR accomplishment! :clap::clap::clap:
I am facing the same "problem" :( this summer. I am trying to lose 5 lbs before I go on my cruise, because I know what will happen. We will be doing a lot of walking on all day shore excursions. I plan to do the "around the ship" mile on the Promenade deck on the 2 days at sea.

Thank you!! :)

Cruises are so tough - it is a constant "all you can eat" attraction...uggh! You are definitely smart to try and lose weight before going and to exercise while on the cruise - even if it is just to "tread water" regarding weight gain, LOL! We dieted hard the week before the cruise and now are back on a strict diet again. Will be doing this a few more weeks before going back to a more relaxed "diet".

I never had bread with any of my meals, and for most meals chose the fish selection. If I had dessert at lunch, I didn't have it at dinner. Maybe these little things helped? Otherwise, I didn't restrain myself much. :blush:

4-1-2009 196.2# 22.4% fat
Due to a bout of bronchitis, I've cut way back on smoking.

4-8-2009 197.2# 21% fat
I think I'm at the limit where not eating much will get me without losing muscle mass. For the last month or so I've been eating a protein shake and coffee for breakfast steamed rice with hot mustard for lunch and then usually some stirfry or a burger for dinner. Prior to this I didn't eat breakfast at all which I hear is a bad thing to do.

4-15-2009 198.2 22% fat
Yeah...I'm definitely at the limit of what diet can do for my body unless I start only drinking liquids like when I had bronchitis. I'm (re)joining a gym today and we'll see if that helps anything.[/QUOTE]

4-22-2009 199 23% jiggly
Hmmm I seem to be going the wrong way. I did go to the gym last night and drank tons of water so maybe it's just waterweight? Anyway, I'm going to start gyming daily after work and see what I can accomplish.[/QUOTE]

4-29-2009 197 22% fat

Goal more muscle; less fat. Looks like I'm going to have to add another notch to my belt pants are getting a little slippy.

5-6-2009 199 23% fat

Ugh must have been a fat week. Only went to the gym once and I haven't been eating all that healthy. ok time to get back in gear... after today.

5-13- skipped :D

5-20-2009 197 19.5% fat

I'm not entirely sure I trust the fat percentage on my scale, but you can see my muscles a bit more and I've actually gotta wear my pants up on my waist with the belt all the way tight because wearing them on my hips like I usually do has the potential for slipping. o.o[/QUOTE]

5-27-2009 199 23%fat

DEfinitely had a fat week. No working out and people in from out of town meant lots of eating out.

February 3rd: 244.5
February 11th: 239.5
February 18th: 238
February 25th: 235.5
March 4th: 236.0
March 11th: 236.0
March 18th: 234.0
March 25th: 231.0
April 1st: 235.0 :nonono::nonono:
April 8th: 234.0
April 15th: On vacation, did not weigh
April 22nd: 233.0!!!!
April 29th: 235.0
May 5th: 233.5
May 12th: 232
May 19th: 234
May 26th: 233

4/22/09: 153.5lbs 6.0% body fat
4/29/09: 156.0lbs 7.0% body fat
5/06/09: 156.5lbs 7.0% body fat
5/13/09: 158.5lbs 7.5% body fat
5/20/09: 159.5lbs 8.0% body fat
5/27/09: 160.0lbs 8.0% body fat

Reached my first goal of 160 lbs which puts me over 18.5 BMI

4/22/09: 153.5lbs 6.0% body fat
4/29/09: 156.0lbs 7.0% body fat
5/06/09: 156.5lbs 7.0% body fat
5/13/09: 158.5lbs 7.5% body fat
5/20/09: 159.5lbs 8.0% body fat
5/27/09: 160.0lbs 8.0% body fat

Reached my first goal of 160 lbs which puts me over 18.5 BMI

Care to trade bodies for a while?

Way to go on packing on those ounces, Aaron! Your bank balance is likely much higher than mine at your age, so rethink your offer to trade us :)

Well I have to admit that I am feeling defeated over here. A week of watching what I ate and working out regularly and I gained 3 lbs. There has to be something wrong with my system somewhere. To lose that 3lbs will likely take 3 weeks of starvation and 2 hours of working out a day.

Well I have to admit that I am feeling defeated over here. A week of watching what I ate and working out regularly and I gained 3 lbs. There has to be something wrong with my system somewhere. To lose that 3lbs will likely take 3 weeks of starvation and 2 hours of working out a day.

You may not be eating often enough. IF you are just getting your calories all at once it puts your body into starvation mode and it slows your metabolism storing energy as fat when it can.

Try eating a third of your meal, then two hours later eat another thirdthen two hours later another third two hours later have another meal and repeat the process.

If you really wanted to kick it into overdrive you'd incorporate this with polyphasic sleep so you would eat 12 times a day every 2 hours and not have that long fast after dinner and before breakfast.

If you're not already doing so, drink less soda and more water.

6' 1" Target range 170 - 175.

Highest was 210lb (2002)

3/4 – 177.5
3/11 – 176
3/18 – 178
3/25 – 177.5
4/1 – 176.5
4/8 - 178
4/15 – 177.5
4/22-5/6 – away
5/13 - 182
5/20 – 179.5
5/27 – 179.5

seem to be matching Dawg this last couple of weeks.

April 29 - 235
May 6 - 233
May 13 - 232
May 20 - 231
May 27 - 231

Nothing lost, nothing gained. I'm walking about 15-20 miles a week and running about 15 miles a week, and watching what I eat. Losing weight ain't easy...

R

If you're not already doing so, drink less soda and more water.

I don't drink soda at all, my main consumption of fluids is plain old water, so it's not that.

I don't think it is starvation as I make sure I do not go too long between fuel stops as I find I totally hit rock bottom if I go without eating. Normally I will grab a handle of nuts for a snack in the afternoon and some fruit at other times.

I don't drink soda at all, my main consumption of fluids is plain old water, so it's not that.

I don't think it is starvation as I make sure I do not go too long between fuel stops as I find I totally hit rock bottom if I go without eating. Normally I will grab a handle of nuts for a snack in the afternoon and some fruit at other times.

DM, how many calories are you eating on average per day?

DM, you could easily be down 3 lbs. next week without changing anything, in my experience, so hang in there. Sometimes my variance is a result of eating what for me is too many of my calories at the end of the day (of course weighing in the next morning is disastrous in that case!) or too much salt or for me, not paying attention to portion size (what, this bag of popcorn has 3 portions in it, not 1? :) ).

DM, you could easily be down 3 lbs. next week without changing anything, in my experience, so hang in there. Sometimes my variance is a result of eating what for me is too many of my calories at the end of the day (of course weighing in the next morning is disastrous in that case!) or too much salt or for me, not paying attention to portion size (what, this bag of popcorn has 3 portions in it, not 1? :) ).

This sounds like a copy of me.
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom