It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll chime in here. Not today, but 4 days ago or so, 178 lbs. 2.5+ years after FIRE and I officially hit my HIGH SCHOOL weight at 57 years old. High weight was 206 when I was still working. I am NOT dieting, trust me, but hiked 430 miles in 2018 and shooting for 500 miles this year.... with our two dogs. Feels good!!!!

I've ballooned to 197. Goal is to get back to high school weight of 180 by Thanksgiving.

ETA - Starting a carnivore diet. Exercise daily - running or biking or hiking with weight lifting every other day.

Last edited:
I've lost 25 lbs since early August doing keto OMAD (one meal a day) and exercising more (tennis, long walks). Had blood work done yesterday and my numbers are better than I've ever seen, A1C 5.3 and cholesterol all in the ideal range. Seeing doc next week for annual physical and will ask to get off low dose 5 mg statin I've been on for a few years. This OMAD is changing my life, never hungry and not obsessing about food, have a big healthy dinner (extremely low carb). I feel like its sustainable. Need to lose quite a bit of weight and I am entirely certain I will.

Down a pound this week to 226 lbs. Total loss of 22 lbs since May.

Headed out on the trails on my cyclocross (CX) bike this afternoon for a gravel hill climbing workout.

CX racing starts in two weeks. Counting the days.

Down 11 lbs since last week. But carnivore diet had me fatigued for a few days. Starting to come out of it.

Thats a lot of weight for one week. Are you or your scale ok?

Granted I am 38 likely much younger but at that I can only ever lose 2 to 5 lbs a week. And this is with severe cardio, maximum full body workout and OMAD diet. I do this to cut weight while training for races.

For me I gain weight after the raise to bulk up with muscle. Then about 2months out from a race I go back to thin skinny kgtest and its always noticeable. People always say one of two things to me...Clearly you work out beefcake. And Dude why dont you go eat some food. Its funny because I get these same comments evrrytime I do this. People first are like dang you arr big and then when I cut weight its always you need to eat more. Been doing this for years. Even my Dr questioned how I do it...like he legitimately wanted advice on which activities. I call it busting ass.

I lost 7 pounds from Monday morning till Tuesday. Maybe the colonoscopy prep was part of that?

I lost 7 pounds from Monday morning till Tuesday. Maybe the colonoscopy prep was part of that?

How did 'the drink' taste? Lol. Ive had to prep. I think I lost about 7lbs as well during it but quickly gained it back an hour after the procedure when I went all in at the Mexican restaurant.

How did 'the drink' taste? Lol. Ive had to prep. I think I lost about 7lbs as well during it but quickly gained it back an hour after the procedure when I went all in at the Mexican restaurant.
It was tolerable, the effects will be remembered for a while. I've gained half of it back. I'm sure the rest will follow.

One thing I did was only drink water and broth before the storm started. You only get protein from the broth no sugary carbs to make you hungry.

It was tolerable, the effects will be remembered for a while. I've gained half of it back. I'm sure the rest will follow.

One thing I did was only drink water and broth before the storm started. You only get protein from the broth no sugary carbs to make you hungry.

Same. I never thought I would drink so much broth but when that is the only thing on the menu...it'll have to do. I am a recovering alcoholic so the drink was nothing. I hear s lot of people complaon about it but when you used to drink 180 proof Southern Comfort straight...that cleansing drink tastes surprisingly decent.

Hope all the results come back favorably MRG! not looking fwd to prep every 5 years here. I am only 38 sis is diagnosed with stage 4 and fighting a really tough fight so thats why I had to start this procedure sooner than my 50s. I get at least 3 extras that the 50+ crowd get to miss out on.

Thats a lot of weight for one week. Are you or your scale ok?

Granted I am 38 likely much younger but at that I can only ever lose 2 to 5 lbs a week. And this is with severe cardio, maximum full body workout and OMAD diet. I do this to cut weight while training for races.

For me I gain weight after the raise to bulk up with muscle. Then about 2months out from a race I go back to thin skinny kgtest and its always noticeable. People always say one of two things to me...Clearly you work out beefcake. And Dude why dont you go eat some food. Its funny because I get these same comments evrrytime I do this. People first are like dang you arr big and then when I cut weight its always you need to eat more. Been doing this for years. Even my Dr questioned how I do it...like he legitimately wanted advice on which activities. I call it busting ass.

I think the scale is right - I checked a couple of times and it is the same scale I weighed in on last week. Prior to last week, I went on a 1 week eating binge, so maybe that makes the big loss reasonable. Plus I did a lot of cardio this past week.

Like you, I normally do this kind of diet for a month or so before a race to cut weight. But for marathons, I carbo and fat load for the last 5 days.

I need to start lifting weights more seriously because even though I'm only 6 lbs above high school weight, the weight is now in different places than it was back then.

Down to 223 lbs this week. Total loss since May of 25 lbs.

Cyclocross bicycle racing season starts next month. Looking forward to kicking up some dirt, sand, mud with my pals. This year I won’t be the big guy at the back of the pack eating so much of that dirt, mud and sand.

Hoping to help

First time posting on this thread, hoping all of you can help me with my weight loss journey.

192 lbs this morning. 5'9", 51 yo, male, active, eat well but i love snacks and beer. Need to reduce both. I got as high as 207 this summer, but have picked up my running and have lost a decent amount. Hoping to be in the 180's by year end, target weight 170 something...wish me luck, thank you for your support!

G'morning, Dcoy. I do support you and hope to help. We're in similar spots - I'm also a 5'9" male - 62 years old, with my last military weigh in before retirement in front of me (in two weeks). The high I'm "allowed" is 186 lbs. I was at 182.8 this morning, 184.2 in my weigh-in clothes. But - I want to be down to the low 170s in a few months. I'm not a beer drinker but also love the snacks. So, there you go. I'll be thinking of you on your journey as I work on mine. Hoping to touch base with you soon, both of us closer to our target weights. Ciao.

5'10" 61 years old. Need motivation as this is simply depressing.
The excuses: family issues had me eating restaurant and fast food, then a foot followed by a knee injury got me sitting all day.
The wake up: took DGF Ziplining as that was her birthday wish. First they took me out of the standard harness and gave me the big boy one. Then they weighed me and I was to large for their insurer. This is after losing 6 pounds so I could take her. Didn't know the weigh in included the equipment.
The plan: started tracking intake in MyFitness Pal. Back to the gym for elliptical machine to strengthen the knee and burn calories. Lighter weight lifting to build muscles without reinjuring joints.

Hope to weigh in here every week for motivation.

G'morning, Dcoy. I do support you and hope to help. We're in similar spots - I'm also a 5'9" male - 62 years old, with my last military weigh in before retirement in front of me (in two weeks). The high I'm "allowed" is 186 lbs. I was at 182.8 this morning, 184.2 in my weigh-in clothes. But - I want to be down to the low 170s in a few months. I'm not a beer drinker but also love the snacks. So, there you go. I'll be thinking of you on your journey as I work on mine. Hoping to touch base with you soon, both of us closer to our target weights. Ciao.

Thank you so much, I sincerely appreciate the support! I've been traveling all this week and missed my weigh in, but I'll report next Wednesday. Wishing you best of luck on your journey as well.

186. Same as last week. On the road for the next week. Just want to stay the same for next week. Want to get to 180 by Thanksgiving.

190 today, down 2lbs over the past two weeks. Hoping to get to 185 by end of month, but I have some travel coming up and that makes the weight loss difficult. I have started a day or two a week of zero carbs, hopefully that helps with the weight loss.

Glad others are mentioning travel as a worrisome point.
I'll be dog sitting 10 days in the bar/restaurant district of Columbus. (At least the Italian food there is terrible. I won't load up on pastas.)

Just weighed in at 168 after a 10mile race here. They say it was one of the top 10 biggest racing events in the country...fun times. Pregnant DW was a few minutes slower than my time of 1hr33m.

I joke that I'll give her a break on losing this time since she is 4mos pregnant ;)

Set a PR so I am happy. Was really worried I totally screwed up my back knocking down a honey do list shelving project but I was able to rehab and stretch enough to complete my goal. Getting Old lol!

257 again.
But since I'm not home I can't vouch for the accuracy of this scale.
I have stuck to tracking calories in MyFitnessPal and have stayed at or below the level I'm shooting for.
More encouraging, I had to shorten up my belt today.

+++ For Keto Lifestyle

First time poster and wanted to share my Keto experience. I started a lifestyle change in January ‘18 (then age 66, 6’3”, 332 lbs) after meeting with dietitian at our local hospital who educating me on the Paleo lifestyle. I stuck to it faithfully for 6 months and plateaued at a loss of 30 pounds. Another session with the dietitian and I converted to Keto (the dietitian has been Keto for years). I have now lost a total of 80 pounds and now weight 30 pounds less than my high school football playing weight. I have plateaued again at 252 pounds but Keto is my way of life from now on. I feel great, lab numbers are great although my total cholesterol is down 10 points is still elevated above the “new” normal, my good cholesterol (HDL) is up 20 points which elevateds the total. I’m off most of my medications. I don’t feel like I’m dieting, I just stay away from grains, sugar and other high carb items (which constitute about 95% of the grocery store). I log all foods consumed into my smartphone so I can see if I’m staying within my targeted carb/protein/fat grams per day (currently 50/125/200). I know if I go back to traditional high carb lifestyle that my weight will revert. I don’t think a Keto is for everyone but I’m apparently carb intolerant and wish I knew the benefits of low carb 50 years ago! If anyone tries the Keto lifestyle they will realize the benefits (if any) within 2 weeks. I’ll spare the details but I was plagued with lower GI problems for 30 years and the doctors had no magic pills that worked. Within one week of going Keto it was like I had a new colan and new life. If considering Keto I recommend several of Dr Berry’s videos on YouTube.

I now get full faster on less food so staying at this calorie level should get a bit easier.
MyFitnessPal is a great resource. I didn't know shrimp are such a low calorie food.[emoji1]

Down another pound to 221 lbs.

Half way to my goal weight of 200.

Bike race last weekend and just didn’t have the horsepower to keep up with the leaders. However finished in the middle of the 55+ year old peloton. Satisfied with that result at my current weight.

Down to 183 lbs. It has taken a long time, starting from 203. That is 20 pounds lost so I don't know why I keep thinking I can't lose weight.

I hope to be at 182lbs. next week. I will try to eat between 800 and 1000 kcal per day and walk three miles a day. I have a pizza dinner tomorrow where I will have salad and eat only the tops of the pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom