Ladies hovering, a serious issue

I explained to my wife like this;

I lift the lid so I don't pee on the seat. You lower the lid because you don't want to sit on the bowl. I will lift the lid as needed but I'm not going to lower it after I'm done. You don't have to lift the lid for me either. Fair and equal split.

But then there is always the "courtesy" thing, the "chivalry" thing. Pish posh.

I ended further discussion by agreeing to always lower the lid and I would install a urinal on the wall next to the toilet.

I explained to my wife like this;

I lift the lid so I don't pee on the seat. You lower the lid because you don't want to sit on the bowl. I will lift the lid as needed but I'm not going to lower it after I'm done. You don't have to lift the lid for me either. Fair and equal split.

But then there is always the "courtesy" thing, the "chivalry" thing. Pish posh.

I ended further discussion by agreeing to always lower the lid and I would install a urinal on the wall next to the toilet.

It’s not chivalry in the middle of the night when the wife screams and swears because she almost fell in the toilet because the lid was up

It’s not chivalry in the middle of the night when the wife screams and swears because she almost fell in the toilet because the lid was up
That would appear to be operator error! Does she also run into closed doors or fall down flights of stairs at night?

My Dad felt it was gross for a man to leave the seat up, in a house where there were girls and a woman. So that is how I was raised, and that is how I feel about it. How your life partner (male or female) feels about things, matters. "Operator error" doesn't enter into it.

Thanks for the remodeling idea! :LOL:

Aside: Years ago, one of our local "MegaBoxHomeStores" set up a display at an endcap that included a urinal mounted on the fake wall. This was in the back of the store, kind of out of the way. I came by a few weeks later and noticed all this red tape across the urinal! My guess is that someone tried to use it. And I'm not surprised, having seen how the drunken brain works in college, and the many unique "urinals" that were put in use.

A few weeks later, that part of the display was dismantled.

My Dad felt it was gross for a man to leave the seat up, in a house where there were girls and a woman. So that is how I was raised, and that is how I feel about it. How your life partner (male or female) feels about things, matters. "Operator error" doesn't enter into it.
I am fine with that. I am just not sure why anyone should assume they need not pay attention. That could be a very dangerous assumption.

How about two seats, male female or significant other (be it male or female). Many BR have two sinks.

But honey I was just trying to protect you and your toothbrush from toilet plume! You sit on the lid not the toilet bowl. Also have a night light to assist you.

Why do toilets have lids anyway? Oh yea for company until the first time it gets used!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 26
But honey I was just trying to protect you and your toothbrush from toilet plume! You sit on the lid not the toilet bowl. Also have a night light to assist you.

Why do toilets have lids anyway? Oh yea for company until the first time it gets used!

I close the lid when loading stuff into the cabinet above. I really don’t want the new rolls of toilet paper falling into the toilet bowl!

I close the lid when loading stuff into the cabinet above. I really don’t want the new rolls of toilet paper falling into the toilet bowl!

Frugal ER's would fish them out, and dry them under the sun.

Keeps the dog from drinking from it.

My Dad felt it was gross for a man to leave the seat up, in a house where there were girls and a woman. So that is how I was raised, and that is how I feel about it.

That's about how it was where I was raised. Me and Dad were the only males, outvoted by Mom and two sisters.

And frankly, I see it as just another courtesy, as in saying "please" and "thank you" and holding doors for DW. It helps remind her that I think she's special. Because she is.:smitten:

Back
Top Bottom