Life Expectancy calculator

Well, that was annoying
"We're sorry, there has been an error with our servers. Our technical team has been alerted, and will fix the problem shortly."

And also AFTER 6 pages of data entry one has to sign up with e-mail and password.

And also AFTER 6 pages of data entry one has to sign up with e-mail and password.

I didn't get that far, (and read your post re e-mail afterward), since in many instances the options provided were inapplicable.

I'm surprised most people don't realize that (just like most similar sites) you can give them anything for an email (such as abcd@efgh.com) and then you get the results.

Okay. I am not going to be shy here. It said I will live to 93. Too bad my money will only last until I am 90! ��

I suspected that was going to be the case but I entered all the data anyway... No they didn't get my email...:mad: But they got a fake email. I've got 12 more years according to them... Time to crank up that WR.

Last edited:
I'm surprised most people don't realize that (just like most similar sites) you can give them anything for an email (such as abcd@efgh.com) and then you get the results.
True but still it's the principle!

Anyway, I'm not prepared to eat less dessert to get from 96 to 97. That last year probably isn't great anyway! Another thing was that the site recommended low-dose ASA which is not recommended by mainstream medicine in people with low cardiovascular risk.

Exactly. A little heads up from OP would have not been too much to ask.

Total. Waste. Of. Time.

I'm glad I'm so frugal. :D

I have an aunt who lived to 102, and I take after that side (paternal) of the family in every way, so this looks perfectly reasonable to me. :LOL:

Attachments

• 103.PNG
    103.PNG
    49.3 KB · Views: 52
Took the test and I am supposed to live until 96. My father is 90 and mother is 87, so entirely possible.

94 for me. I'll take that.

Poor me, I'm only gonna make it to 88.

As a side note, my first three attempts at a fake email address, composed entirely of naughty words, were rejected as "already taken". On the fourth attempt I made up one that worked. I guess I'm just not very imaginative when it comes to creating fake addresses.

Yup! I felt I was scammed. Deleted the link right then and there, wish I would have read replies before I went through that much trouble.
Someone needs to edit the first post so folks know before clicking that link.

For a small monetary consideration I could tell you 107. (Cash or transferable bonds only.)

...I will make it to age 97...

It predicted that I will live to 93.

Took the test and I am supposed to live until 96.

94 for me...

Only 88 here too! I will not be around much longer. :( It's good to know y'all.

Oh wait! I still have more than a couple decades left. Better keep that mask on, to be sure that I will not forfeit all these precious remaining years.

91 for me. However, given it's sponsored by a retirement investment firm, I think they may be biased towards making you think your nest egg needs to last longer than you had originally planned.

Then again, I run all my numbers out to age 102... I'm an optimist :)

However, given it's sponsored by a retirement investment firm, I think they may be biased towards making you think your nest egg needs to last longer than you had originally planned.
That may be true since it said 12 more years for me.... Honestly, that seems pretty optimistic from my POV at this point.

I'm going to take it again, but this time I'm going to lie, I want a new number, mine was 86. I'll show them!

Last edited:
I admit to using longevity calculators once in a while and it is fun to see they predict I’ll live to a ripe old age such as 107. However, these calculators are suspect. They usually use annuity or pension mortality tables, which tend to overestimate life expectancy because they were developed to prevent financial companies from going bankrupt. All those questions about weight, exercise, family history, etc? They are no more useful at predicting longevity than asking the subjective question, “What is your general health?” I certainly wouldn’t give any of these sites my email address.

Made it all the way through and at the end it said I made an error- but wouldn't tell me where the error was. Oh well, based on other's answers I'll assume somewhere between 75 and 105.

Back
Top Bottom