How much QTR is left?

It's a crude metric but I kind of take it hard yet inspiring. I'm 58, almost 59. Mom died at 69 and dad at 72, both after very short illnesses. So I doubt I have 20 years, which is hard, yet I am in good health with a lot of money so there is a great chance I have enough money and time to whittle down my bucket list!

Were you though? Air quality was better. No micro plastics in your drinking water. If you didn't need medical treatments for defects you were born with and you avoided war and disease, I wonder...

In 1924 the average American lifespan was roughly 15 years younger than today for both males and females. Air quality was most certainly not better, most homes and businesses were heated with coal or wood and factories burned coal to manufacture products that required heat in the manufacturing process. In many American cities you could barely see the sky in the daytime. As well, the diseases of the day that killed most humans had yet to find cures or vaccines. Then came the Great Depression followed by the Dust Bowl years. Life in America today is infinitely better than life 100 years ago.

Ballpark, 25-30. Mom is still kicking at 74. Pop went at 71. I'm optimistic @ low 80's...

Back
Top Bottom