Medical milestone at 75

Good for you that you made it this far on your own.

I’ll be happy if I’m still breathing by then ... :)

Listen, if I make it to 75 with no meds I'm going to start smoking cigars.

Does alcohol count as a maintenance drug? If so, that makes two for me.

Last edited:
I started taking prescription drugs since I was in my 20s. Now I am up to 20 or so prescription pills daily and I am not even 60 yet. I remember seeing a new doctor 3 years ago and she commented that for someone so healthy, I was needing so much medications to keep me that way. Such is life.

You are doing fine. It hasn't affected your sense of humor.
Only 1 drug for me.

I am age 70 and take no prescription drugs but I figure it is just a matter of time....
I was at the eye doctor for an eye check up recently and the doc said I had mild cataracts and will probably need cataract surgery some day. I asked her if everyone gets cataracts and she said if you live long enough everyone eventually gets cataracts, it's just a matter of time...

That is great you made it till 75.

I started my first Rx at 11. (Thyroid issue). So yeah I'd say you are darn lucky.

Happy 75th year to you!
I figure whatever I need to keep merrily rolling along in relatively good health is all AOK in my book.

That is great you made it till 75.

+1. I only made it to 57, before having to go on daily tamsulosin for an enlarged prostate. The breaking point was when I was driving up a narrow, hilly road in my campervan. There were signs on both sides of the road, warning drivers not to pull over and stop. I really, really had to pee, but couldn't pull over. It was excruciating! The road led to a campground, where I knew there would be a place to pull over. I didn't know whether that would be in half a mile, or several miles though. I made it *just* in time, and promised myself there and then that, on getting back home, the very first thing I'd do would be to make an appointment with the doctor.

Actually, the very first thing I did was to visit the bathroom, though the second was to make a doctor's appointment :LOL:

Congrats REW, you have caught up with me, but I am three years older than you. I don't remember when I started my first (and only) prescription but it was a few years ago. Let's hope this event it not one that is the first of many new ones! :D

My little aunt was 90, and she didn't require any prescriptions. Senility finally started to catch up to her.

We had to get the doctor to prescribe some little pill so the nursing home would allow her to move there.

She left us 3 mos. short of 100.

Back
Top Bottom