Multiple Vision Plans

mrstop

Dryer sheet aficionado
My wife gets vision insurance through her work. It's fairly inexpensive, but coverage and benefits aren't quite as good as VSP. Even when we had VSP, coverage always seems to fall almost $150-300 short for contacts or glasses per family member.

Has anyone ever had two vision plans to help cover the amount above the reimbursement limits of the other?

Glasses bought through Eyeonic, an on line platform, are in most cases covered 100% by VSP. Just log in with your VSP #, upload your prescription from your eye doctor and select your frame and other preferences. Glasses arrive within a couple of weeks.
If the fit isn't right the insurance covers having the fit adjusted at a local optician or eyeware store.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Thanks. I generally hate vision insurance. It seems like such a racket to make overpriced frames and contacts at the optometrist appear somewhat affordable.

I found a UK provider of contacts for almost 1/3 the price found in the states. That alone will probably save me $3-500 per year for me and my kids contacts.

I also need to get new glasses. My current ones are about 10 or so years old. I am now in progressives. The eye doctor quoted me over $700. I don't wear my glasses enough to justify that. I'm hesitant to buy progressives online so I may try Costco.

I think with those options, I'll just stick with a single plan.

Back
Top Bottom