Neuropathy

Bluemoon

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone have neuropathy in their feet (non diabetes related)? If so how are you treating it and with what success?

What is causing it? Do you have a neurological or other condition that is behind this? Have you seen a neurologist about it, and if so what does he say?

I think neuropathy is symptomatic of a lot of conditions, and not a diagnosis.

There are different treatments for different forms (medicinal, physical therapy, and lifestyle changes). A neurologist is your best answer. I know mine on a first name basis (LOL)...

Mine is related to the shape of my feet. I can't wear any flat hard surfaced bottom footwear like sandals or deck shoes, they make my feet worse.. I have seen a podiatrist a while back and he gave me orthotics but they haven't worked. I have had to wear New Balance size 4E sneakers & SAS shoes for their large fronts because I have severe arthritis in both big toes!

I am seeing my neurologist tomorrow (about another problem) and will ask her about the neuropathy.

Thanks for the replies.

I forgot to emphasize that I am a retired oceanographer, not a medical professional. But I think it probably wouldn't do any harm to mention it to your neurologist and find out if she has any ideas. :)

Does anyone have neuropathy in their feet (non diabetes related)? If so how are you treating it and with what success?

Yes, I was DXed with idiopathic neuropathy ~3 yrs ago. I was tested for diabetes repeatedly (A1C, retinopathy, and fasting glucose) -- all negative, yet the only thing that has halted and improved my PN is eating as though I were diabetic, and the right supplements. I've stopped the progression, most of the pain symptoms, and the nerves are slowly regenerating. This has worked for others in my support group as well, but as there are so many causes of PN, it surely will not work for all.

Has anyone mentioned Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome?

Tyro

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom