Obamacare Federally Mandated Additional Fees on your Premium

Are these fees already built into the new quote I received for next year's insurance, or are they on top of them?
I just got my BCBSTX invoice (which matches my quote) and it explicitly states that the Annual Fee on Health Insurers and the Transitional Reinsurance Contribution Fee are included.

Now, why is the invoice instructing me to pay by 1/1/14 if they have already drafted that amount from by bank account? That is the mystery!!!!

I'll be calling in a few days......

For people with unsubsidized premiums PPACA insurance costs more than conventional individual insurance. And for those who receive subsidies don't forget that's somebody else's money paying for your premium.

Not true.

Definitely not true. We're saving a considerable amount over COBRA and even more vs. what we would be paying on the private market based on 2013 ehealthinsurance.com rates. We've had some minor aging joint issues the last two years and we each have a history of prescription drug use, so I'm not even sure we could get coverage privately. We are far from qualifying for a subsidy. :dance: I've seen people turned down for some really stupid stuff.

It may not be true for the two of you but it's certainly true for my situation. See the thread posted HERE for more details if you're interested.

Added fees are now commonplace. I wouldn't be surprised if providers start charging extra fees. If 20 or 30 dollars/ month paid to insurers is insignificant then another 20 or 30 per visit paid to the provider should be palpable.

Back
Top Bottom