Online Quotes for Private Health Insurace Plans

EagleEye

Dryer sheet wannabe
It was a great idea for Rich to set up this topic. I had a question for you all:

I am trying to find a site where I can get online quotes for private health insurance. I found a number of such sites through google, but each one passes itself off as a place where I can get an immediate quote, but then requires me to fill out a form with personal contact information. Only after I submit my personal information will a quote be emailed to me.

I am happy to input general info about myself (age, sex, etc.) but I don't want to give the site my personal contact information and I don't want to speak with a broker. I just want to get a quick sense of what is out there in the way of available plans. Do any of you know a good site where I can find this?

Thanks in advance!

I've used Insure.com and haven't had any problems or unwanted phone calls, etc. I used it to find a term life insurance policy that I wanted, but they also have LTC, auto, health, and all.

A quote for indiv health ins will only give you a very general ball park figure. Most people who apply for indiv health ins are very surprised by the extensive health history that ins companies want.

My own experience was horrendous. Three or four companies turned me down completely.

A quote for indiv health ins will only give you a very general ball park figure. Most people who apply for indiv health ins are very surprised by the extensive health history that ins companies want.

My own experience was horrendous. Three or four companies turned me down completely.

I agree. The quotes tend to be for someone who can qualify for the lowest rate. Unless you are in perfect health and taking no medications, it is unlikely you will qualify for the rate shown.

It was a great idea for Rich to set up this topic. I had a question for you all:

I am trying to find a site where I can get online quotes for private health insurance. I found a number of such sites through google, but each one passes itself off as a place where I can get an immediate quote, but then requires me to fill out a form with personal contact information. Only after I submit my personal information will a quote be emailed to me.

I am happy to input general info about myself (age, sex, etc.) but I don't want to give the site my personal contact information and I don't want to speak with a broker. I just want to get a quick sense of what is out there in the way of available plans. Do any of you know a good site where I can find this?

Thanks in advance!

You could make up stuff for your contact info.

Thanks all. I don't think you can just make up contact info, since they email you the quotes. I suppose I could set up a single-purpose gmail account, but jeez what a hassle just to get a ballpark quote!

Eh, I have about 4 or 5 gmail accounts.>:D

Totally! I have my xxcrapbox hotmail account, my sort of legit account, and my real account. I have created a web persona that I use for things like this, totally bogus info. I get a minor kick out of pushing the envelope of the web forms, like claiming I'm 142 when I signed up for my NY Times account. Just to see if they would take it. They did, after rejecting me for being 1.

Back
Top Bottom