Peanut butter powder

Scuba

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Does anyone here use this as a substitute for the real thing? I’ve read some good reviews but also several awful ones. From a healthy diet perspective, this would be great. Anyone use this and like it? If so, what brand?

Haven't used it, but I'm curious. Why would one want to use PB powder instead of the real thing? Is it for camping / hiking, to reduce the weight of backpacks, etc.? Or is there some other reason?

I used some when we were dieting heavily. I only bought one pack. It was ok, but I prefer the real thing.

I thought people used that to mix it with protein drinks or something?
Maybe easier to mix?

I use "PB2" brand powdered peanut butter in a peanut chicken stir fry that my DH loves. I use an Asian peanut sauce as well, but the powder PB really makes it much tastier.

I have tried the mixing the powder as directed and using it as regular peanut butter, but it seemed runny and not so enjoyable as the real thing.

Haven't used it, but I'm curious. Why would one want to use PB powder instead of the real thing?

Sounds similar to that packet of desiccated water I once purchased.

I have that on a monthly order from Amazon. Love it, but I am a little concerned about its provenance.

Ha

I use it only for protein drinks

I use "PB2" brand powdered peanut butter in a peanut chicken stir fry that my DH loves. I use an Asian peanut sauce as well, but the powder PB really makes it much tastier.

I have tried the mixing the powder as directed and using it as regular peanut butter, but it seemed runny and not so enjoyable as the real thing.

+1 we use it as well. Mix it to spread on rice cakes, use it in smoothies and to make sauces for Asian dishes. Tastes good.

I love peanut butter and have some in my kitchen cabinet. I hadn't heard of the powdered stuff.

Since I don't eat bread any more on my present weight loss/maintenance eating initiative, I haven't been eating all that much peanut butter lately. But when I do, it's regular peanut butter. I used to get low fat PB but now I just eat regular but less of it, to keep the calories down.

Originally Posted by Nemo2 View Post
I have that on a monthly order from Amazon. Love it, but I am a little concerned about its provenance.

Ha

And even though shipping is cheap, due to the light weight, it is even faster to just download it, like you would a song or movie. That's where the term "streaming" came from, doncha' know? :)

You'll want to get one of these:

Waterproof USB Cable

https://www.amazon.com/L-com-WPUSB-Waterproof-Cable-Type/dp/B00DK2C5A8

41dYXiVOYXL.jpg

-ERD50

Haven't used it, but I'm curious. Why would one want to use PB powder instead of the real thing? Is it for camping / hiking, to reduce the weight of backpacks, etc.? Or is there some other reason?

I know someone who uses it in their homemade protein bar recipe. Makes for a better texture than actual peanut butter.

DH has a jar of PBFit from Costco that he uses in smoothies. I had never thought of trying to cook with it. Thanks for the suggestions!

OP here. As others have said, it has far fewer calories and less fat than regular or even low fat PB, so people watching their weight use it for smoothies and cooking. I really like peanut butter but rarely eat it because of the high calories so I was just wondering if others had used it with tasty results.

PB2 gets decent reviews on Amazon, but those who didn’t like it really hated it. Even the good reviews say that using it for a sandwich or on crackers isn’t good because the texture doesn’t work. Some people have made a dip with it and use it with apples or celery and really like it.

I love peanut butter and have some in my kitchen cabinet. I hadn't heard of the powdered stuff.

Since I don't eat bread any more on my present weight loss/maintenance eating initiative, I haven't been eating all that much peanut butter lately. But when I do, it's regular peanut butter. I used to get low fat PB but now I just eat regular but less of it, to keep the calories down.
Smuckers and Kroger brand have "natural" peanut butter made without sugar. Use that and forget about the low fat....

Smuckers and Kroger brand have "natural" peanut butter made without sugar. Use that and forget about the low fat....
And the good stuff (less processed) naturally separates and the oil would be on top, so if you prefer, you could pour out the oil on the top.

I very much like it in peanut butter and banana shakes we usally keep it and a jar of pb2 chocolate peanut butter in the cupoard , also mixed with 0% greek yogurt makes a nice dip for apples

Wal Mart carries it, I eat it every day, just as flavoring sprinkles for yogurt and such. Love it!

OP here. As others have said, it has far fewer calories and less fat than regular or even low fat PB, so people watching their weight use it for smoothies and cooking. I really like peanut butter but rarely eat it because of the high calories so I was just wondering if others had used it with tasty results.

PB2 gets decent reviews on Amazon, but those who didn’t like it really hated it. Even the good reviews say that using it for a sandwich or on crackers isn’t good because the texture doesn’t work. Some people have made a dip with it and use it with apples or celery and really like it.
We use it in smoothies and it is fantastic for that.

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Bell+Plantation+Chocolate+Powdered+Peanut+Butter

Update - I tried the chocolate PB2 yesterday and thought it was really good! Mixed it with nonfat Greek yogurt and a pack of Splenda, and had it with a sliced banana. Delicious and healthy snack!

Back
Top Bottom