renew active gym membership question

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Along with my United healthcare I also get a gym membership. I stopped and ask about it a few weeks before my Medicare started and they said, oh sure. They got out their tablet and said what's your medicare number?
Well I'm not eligible yet.
Would you be skeptical of giving Planet Fitness your Medicare number.

btw, 5 weeks ago when I learned about the program from UHC, they said to
send them a letter asking for the paperwork to join the gym, but the gym says, we can do it right here.

I'm just being cautious, probably over cautious.

Not sure how the program works but would assume Planet Fitness bills Medicare for the membership cost. Don't see how they could do that without your Medicare information.

Ok, I called UHC, they are open till 8pm on Sat :)
They have a website, I register, then the click 'Renew active' link and there will be a code. I need that code for Planet fitness.
I can't do it today, I officially start on Mar 1, also known as tomorrow.

I have United Healthcare and I am in the Silver Sneakers program. United Healthcare sent me an email asking if I was interested in joining a gym, I said yes and a few days later, I received a Silver Sneakers card in the mail. This is the best thing to happen to me since I "got old!" The program allows me to join any gym in my area for free for a basic membership and I am currently enlisted in three gyms (since the hours for each are slightly different and I like to work out seven days a week). All I have to do to join is present my Silver Sneakers card to the gym manager and they do some paperwork, and that's it. I'm in Planet Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness and the Salt Lake County Recreation Department Gym.

I'm retired but too young yet (ha, that feels good to say) for Medicare. But I discovered on the website for my retired employee health coverage site a link for gym membership.
Not free but half what I have been paying. Yayyyy.

Back
Top Bottom