Sick but mild

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My son brought something home from work, phlegm and congestion, snotty nose and cough. He had it a week and then my wife got symptoms, another week and I got it. Symptoms are not terrible, no one was run down, voice gets deep and sounds funny to yourself and others. Son had a slight temp, I didn't check. Seems it lasted about 10 days for him, maybe some light symptoms for 2 weeks. Upper respiratory symptoms only. So far I'm doing better then both of them, less cough. I wake up with a lot of phlegm, once that is clear, I feel much better for the rest of the day. Hope I'm not jinxing myself! Negative for covid.

Anyone have a name for what it might be or what's going around. Don't want to lead the witness, so not speculating.

Did you test twice for Covid? You are always supposed to test a second time if the first comes up negative but you have symptoms.

Did you test twice for Covid? You are always supposed to test a second time if the first comes up negative but you have symptoms.

I'll do that. I already have the test kit open and ready to do it.

Edit to add after running covid test.

It is negative.

So what is going around, I'm in Florida.

Last edited:
Sounds like what my wife and I had about 2 weeks ago. Cough was due to sinus drainage but there was a lot of it. Was sick for about two weeks.

Sounds like it might be the usual sinus/allergies (that everyone in my area has right now).

But then I wouldn't assume that unless you know some other people that tend to always get these same symptoms when you do, and always get better when you do.

Truthfully, I think it's a cold variation. Got my household to. I've been sniffing and coughing for about 2.5 weeks. No fever just upper respiratory symptoms and a cough. Good old fashioned Vicks vapor rub helps with the coughing
Good luck, in fighting it also. Annoying to say the least

+1 for a cold virus. Everyone is getting this and almost everyone tests negative for Covid, RSV and Influenza.

I had it several weeks ago. Pretty much just nasal congestion and drainage. One day I felt a little achy, but nothing else.

Ah, the good old days of just regular viruses.

Sounds like common URI(upper resoiratory infection), however, if remaining symptomatic and with a fever over 7-10 days, its a good idea to check in with your PCP to rule out pneumonia, bronchitis, RSV, any of which may need treatment.

Some folks don't test + for covid until Day 5, so repeat at home testing is best if remaining symptomatic. Or you could go to a testing sight for the PCR test, which may be more accurate.

Hope you all feel better soon! As they say: rest, increase fluids, humidify the air. Chicken soup does help!

I think its just a plain ol' cold. I caught it from my FIL (he is in rehab right now after a hospital stay for pneumonia, not covid related), He had the sniffles and I stayed and watched the Bills/Jags game with him. 2 days later... a few sneezes and the feeling of something coming on.By day 3 I knew I had something. A week later and I am on the downside and most symptoms have resided, but I passed it to my Grandkids last week who were staying with us at the time. My wife now has it and the Grandkids gave it to DD and my SIL.

As most said above, really mild symptoms overall.

Back
Top Bottom