Side effect from stopping allergy medication?

pacergal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I generally have allergies year round. I use flonase nasal inhaler only when sinus' are severely congested, otherwise, I take OTC allergy pills (Aller-Flex from Costco) daily to control symptoms. My Dr and an ENT have told me this was OK.
I stopped the pills several weeks ago (ran out and just didn't buy more, busy time of year), and, at the same time, I had a cold and ear problem.

I have had nasal congestion for over 4 weeks! However, at the same time, multiple family members have had colds and I have been exposed.
Can you get rebound congestion from stopping allergy pills? I know you can if you take Afrin type nasal spray for more than 4 days.
I can't believe I have had one cold after the other, as that has never happened. And I have had no fever, or cough. Just runny nose and watery eyes.

I plan to go buy more of the Aller- Flex today, just to see if symptoms go away. I was trying to see if I could go without my daily pill, but :confused:?
Easy fix if re starting the pill helps. But I was hoping I could stop taking it.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Back
Top Bottom