Squamous cell skin cancer

I'm sorry to hear that Dawg. I have also had a few basel cells removed. (The price I now pay for my youth spent on S. California beaches.) At first I had to go to the dermatologist every 6 months but then after no reoccurances for a year now I go once a year again. The annoying part is that my Dr wants to remove every little suspicious skin bump, patch, or ?
And every removal has to go to the lab. It costs me $$$$$ out of pocket because all dematologist visits are excluded from my health insurance.

I did a lot of research on sun screens. They are not all equally effective. Make sure yours blocks UVA and UVB rays. Ask your dermatologist for recommendations.

I think berets are sexy, though they don't do much for blocking sunlight except right on top.

Dawg, I like the hat you linked to. Maybe not quite as dashing as a beret, but a hat like that could convey a sort of devil-may-care je-ne-sais-quoi out on the golf course.

I really like this hat. It's very comfortable and light and gives full coverage.

02Hammock.jpg

I wish men would go back to wearing hats more. Hats keep you warm in the winter, protect you from the sun, and look cool...

Attachments

• Indiana.jpg
    Indiana.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 0
  • Bogart.jpg
    Bogart.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
Frank wears hats a lot. I think his head gets cold since he is partly balding. Anyway, he has many really great hats, one of which looks a little like the hat on the right. My favorite one makes him look like a Mafia hitman, especially when he wears it with his black trenchcoat, but I like it a lot. Definitely cool looking, and sexy. :)

T-Al, that hat looks like something an African explorer might wear! Could be pretty exotic. :)

My favorite one makes him look like a Mafia hitman, especially when he wears it with his black trenchcoat, but I like it a lot. Definitely cool looking, and sexy. :)

I bet no one messes with Frank when he wears that hat:cool:

And you're right, the right hat can make a man look very sexy. :smitten:

I've had all 3 versions of skin cancer. Over the last few years I have had over a dozen operations for basil cell, squamous cell or melanoma. I only get excited about the melanomas any more. Will have to get a Sq. cell excised next week from my back. I used to get concerned, but I've learned that I can do only so much to protect myself now and most of my problem stem from being out in the sun many, many years ago.

I've had all 3 versions of skin cancer. Over the last few years I have had over a dozen operations for basil cell, squamous cell or melanoma. I only get excited about the melanomas any more. Will have to get a Sq. cell excised next week from my back. I used to get concerned, but I've learned that I can do only so much to protect myself now and most of my problem stem from being out in the sun many, many years ago.

Yes, that is the problem. I can paste myself with all the sunscreen in the world, but not much I can do about all the previous damage. Oh well, lather up, play golf and go see the dermatologist once a year. :blink:

I don't have a picture of me with mine, but I have a blues hat ala John Lee Hooker from back in my wannabe days. It's a good look, even on an overweight white guy. :cool:

42-20859522.jpg

Here are some hats

Attachments

• IMG_0774b.jpg
    IMG_0774b.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0775b.jpg
    IMG_0775b.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0780b.jpg
    IMG_0780b.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
T-Al,

Thank you for the link on serious sun hats.

I am seriously considering jobs in the Middle East (e.g., Oman in the desert) and that looks pretty effective.

Cheers,

Gypsy

The CAT hat was free, the lawn-mowing hat was about 6 bucks at Wal-Mart and the "bash hat" was on sale and a bargain at $480.

:D

Good grief, I had no idea those "bash hats" cost so much. I guess you have to carry it around with you when you park your bike.

Good grief, I had no idea those "bash hats" cost so much. I guess you have to carry it around with you when you park your bike.
That is pretty high. My "brain bucket" cost $120, but it's not fancy.

I like the hat. But if it bothers you, get some cool sunglasses and you should look just fine. (as long as you don't wear those pastel plaid pants) :sick:

Back
Top Bottom