Vaccinations on the road?

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
I have been away from home base since the sale of our home in December and won't be back north until late April or into May. When I left there was no H1N1 vaccine available. Now I understand that it is more widely available. Where would one get vaccinated when on the road? I really would like the vaccine. I had pneumonia a couple of months ago and it was really hard on me. I do not need to get the flu.

I will be in California in a couple of weeks, based in Long Beach. FWIW.

I have been away from home base since the sale of our home in December and won't be back north until late April or into May. When I left there was no H1N1 vaccine available. Now I understand that it is more widely available. Where would one get vaccinated when on the road? I really would like the vaccine. I had pneumonia a couple of months ago and it was really hard on me. I do not need to get the flu.

Usually you can go into a Walgreen"s or Safeway or Kroger and get it on the spot for $20 or so. I think in SoCal Lucky's is a large chain, but any large pharmacy/grocery chain should work for you.

Ha

Just seen RiteAid in CA run an add today offering H1N1 shots.

Martha, try calling the local county health departments, and then the local hospital. Many received too much too late this year and are happy to oblige. I am not sure if you need to be a resident for the former, but not so for hospitals.

Still a good idea to get it done, if a wee bit late ;).

.....When I left there was no H1N1 vaccine available. Now I understand that it is more widely available. Where would one get vaccinated when on the road? I really would like the vaccine. I had pneumonia a couple of months ago and it was really hard on me. I do not need to get the flu.

These are Walgreens in Long Beach that give the H1N1 vaccinations:
600 Long Beach Blvd.
3339 E. Anaheim St.
2627 Pacific Ave.
3570 Atlantic Ave.
6310 Pacific Coast Hwy.

:)

Martha, are you on an extended road trip?

Here in the Rio Grande Valley I've been seeing signs for the H1N1 vaccine on signs posted at the HEB (major regional grocery chain) checkout counters. So I don't think you'll have any trouble getting the vaccine down here.

Audrey

Thanks everyone. Yup Brewer, extended road trip until May. I'm even filing an extension for taxes. :)

Martha, I just got my H1N1 at the local public health clinic. No residency required, and it was free (also painless, as I got the FluMist). They are only offering it at a twice-a-week clinic, though, and will only have it for another couple of weeks.

Our local Walgreen's has it for $20.

If you can call the local health department where you are now, you might be able to get one tomorrow.

Yesterday I did call the local health department and hospital where I am, they already stopped doing clinics and said go see your primary care doctor. (Yeah, 600 miles away). When I am out of this small town I'll start hunting.

Yesterday I did call the local health department and hospital where I am, they already stopped doing clinics and said go see your primary care doctor. (Yeah, 600 miles away). When I am out of this small town I'll start hunting.

Here the counties are having clinics, it's free and you don't have to be a resident.

see: flu.gov to locate H1N1
it showed me ~10 local drugstores and pharmacies

Back
Top Bottom