What is your Fountain of Youth routine ?

Strenuous walk every day. No fast foods. No processed foods. Lots of fruit, salads. and veg. Lean meats-usually on the bbq. Never any butter. Cook only with olive oil. Very occasionally we will have potato or pasta.

Grapefruit for b'fast. Fresh pineapple, etc for lunch with a piece of cheese. Generally meat and a salad w/ balsamic vinegar for dinner.

Plus a glass of red wine most every day. Lots of coffee, milk only.

When we travel it is a different story.

I recall a study that said men who marry women 15-20 years younger live longer and enjoy life more! Did not mention what effect the three year old jumping on the bed at 6 am had?

Strenuous walk every day. No fast foods. No processed foods. Lots of fruit, salads. and veg. Lean meats-usually on the bbq. Never any butter. Cook only with olive oil. Very occasionally we will have potato or pasta.

Grapefruit for b'fast. Fresh pineapple, etc for lunch with a piece of cheese. Generally meat and a salad w/ balsamic vinegar for dinner.

Plus a glass of red wine most every day. Lots of coffee, milk only.

When we travel it is a different story.

For road trips we switched from fast food to grocery store take out, at least for lunch. Constipation when travelling is a challenge. Benefibre in the morning coffee and pysillium pills go a long way, plus no cheese.

We still enjoy party vacations , we have found other couples our age that have the same interests . Wife still looks great, never ending battle for me to look great so . Do you want to join our group LOL
Fantasy Fest
Amsterdam
Hedonism / Jamaica

my wife is 4 yrs younger, looks great, and is in great shape. She loves exercise and is an Ironman triathlete.
Needless to say, she is always pushing my to workout and exercise.
Keeps me from getting to lazy. : )

I stick to a lower-carb diet. My exercise is spotty, but I try to play tennis twice a week and just joined a gym.

I recall a study that said men who marry women 15-20 years younger live longer and enjoy life more!
I read somewhere that women who marry younger men die sooner than average. That's up with that?

Once we stopped buying any processed foods we found that we completely lost our appetite for fast food. The only fast food we eat is a take out coffee.

We have also started buying ready made foods at grocery stores when we are on the road. And fruit. We are at the point where we do not even like the smell of a fast food joint. Apart from the taste I cannot see that it is very healthy-especially those advertised double this, supersize that. I suspect that the growth of fast food outlets has contributed to the obesity issue and the poor health issue that plagues North America.

One additional benefit after cutting out fast food and processed food is that we find that our taste buds have changed. If we do eat something at a restaurant that has been processed it is as though we can taste the chemicals in it.

We think that all the additives etc in fast and processed food dulled our taste buds and were not particularly good for our health or our well being.

I got a flyer in the mail today from Elisium espousing the virtues o their product Basis. Basis is a combination of Nicotinamide Riboside and pterstabiline (sp?). The offer was for a year's supply for $430. Regular price is $480 for a year. I have no idea where they got my name. This site is the most recent where I have posted about Niagen which is also one of their products.

Walk 3-4 miles a day, always with my trusty wide-brim Tilley hat. Retin-A to face for many years, and never set foot outside my door without application of 50 SPF facial sunscreen. Long unstyled hair.

Paleo-style diet with tons of salad and leafy greens like mustard and collard, ample protein, sufficient "good" fats. No processed foods, starches, sugars, recreational drugs or alcohol. Regular check-ins with my excellent doctors, whose advice I follow. Eliminated toxic personalities from my life long ago. I generally have a smile on my face.

I am working on adding a weight-lifting routine to my regimen, but so far, so good! :dance:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom