What is your go to healthy meal?

My daughter raised Rhode Island Red hens in California when we had horse property. Always had fresh eggs. The hens roamed the fenced property and were good friends with her Quarter horse. The hens were fed chicken scratch but preferred live snails (lots of those where we were) and other bugs, insects, worms or whatever. We loved those hens!
When chickens get more protein than scratch, the eggs are better.

The question about the road has an answer. Go watch the things for awhile; you'll understand.

My daughter raised Rhode Island Red hens in California when we had horse property. Always had fresh eggs. The hens roamed the fenced property and were good friends with her Quarter horse. The hens were fed chicken scratch but preferred live snails (lots of those where we were) and other bugs, insects, worms or whatever. We loved those hens!

Rhode Island Reds are good looking chickens. I want laying hens (and land to keep them on). The DW is not in favor of this plan. She wants to know what we will do with the chickens when we travel. I slyly respond, "Put them in the freezer". :nonono:

FN

Rhode Island Reds are good looking chickens. I want laying hens (and land to keep them on). The DW is not in favor of this plan. She wants to know what we will do with the chickens when we travel. I slyly respond, "Put them in the freezer". :nonono:

FN

The two hens we had were really a lot of fun. One was pretty friendly and tolerated people pretty well. The other, not so much. But they loved DD's horse and sat on her back at night in the stable. When we moved, we gave the hens to a nearby farmer.

FN

They're great layers too. If you put them in the freezer it's a treat!

When eating out, my go to healthy food is sashimi. Poke One works just as well. At home, it is homemade Korean food minus BBQ meat stuff. Speaking of meat, my go to healthy meat is grass fed beef.

Tonight was penne pasta with sautéed veggies, lots of garlic, and topped with a splash of EVOO, some balsamic vinegar, and parmigiano reggiano cheese. Yum!

When I traveled to Japan I discovered that breakfast over there was a lot like dinner to us. One morning I actually did have sushi and salad, and miso soup was ubiquitous at breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom