What won't you give up?

I gave up coffee when I was pregnant but I don't know if I could do that now. I've limited myself to 2 cups of regular coffee in the morning and only decaf if I want more.

Air...

Seriously, I can't think of anything I'd have to give up entirely. But there are many things I've learned to enjoy in moderation - smaller amounts or just less often.

Last edited:
Chocolate. I'm so glad it's GOOD for you, now...

*Just noticed 2 people already copped my answer so:

+2

Better living through science:

il_570xN.232848359.jpg

Last edited:
Using Sarah in SC's interpretation of the OP's question I'm going to be rather predictable and say that the things I particularly enjoy are coffee in the morning, dark chocolate and the occasional glass of red wine. I'd give up the red wine first, chocolate second, and the coffee last. I grew up having a cup of tea first thing in the morning, so could get used to that again if I had to!

If the OP's question is about food and drinks, then my answer is "chocolate".
I was reading this thread with growing disbelief that it took 28 posts to get to the subject of chocolate.

And I still haven't seen any mention of bacon!

Now excuse me while I go pitch a new diet book idea to my publisher...

For me, decaf tastes as good as regular. Is this talk about giving up coffee related to the taste or the kick?

Chocolate without sugar is a win-win -- no need to consider giving it up.

I was reading this thread with growing disbelief that it took 28 posts to get to the subject of chocolate.

Now excuse me while I go pitch a new diet book idea to my publisher...
Alan mentioned chocolate in post #2 actually but yes, bacon is still a no-show amazingly.

Beer
Ice cream
Popcorn
Pizza
Red meat
Chocolate

I'd have a hard time giving these up, but I would only if my life depended on it.

I was about to drop in an astounded "where is the BACON!" but you beat me to it.

Coffee (3 cups of high test in the morning)

Good cheese

Dense, chewy artisan bread

I try not to overdo these last two but I could scarf them down quite easily on a daily basis

The right to be silly.

Amethyst

Coffee and they had better be pretty convincing that it would hurt me.

Coffee for me as well. I compromised and gave up all artificial sweeteners and sugar in my coffee and teas several years ago. Didn't miss it after about 3 days...

I actually said chocolate in post 2. And here I am thinking no-one ignores me :nonono:

Thanks to Major Tom for also pointing this out in post 32

Last edited:
I have a thing for good Italian bread from Brooklyn. When I moved to Florida 6 years ago I went to the local supermarket and asked for Italian bread. The lady handed me a loaf of what looked and felt like white bread. I had a good laugh but I'm still searching for a good crusty loaf of Italian bread. Pretty much convinced at this point it doesn't exist down here.

The other thing is also bread related, it's a bagel in Florida, good luck with that. They do have these rolls with holes in them that they try to pass of as a bagel but I'm not buying it. I did find one place in West Palm, about 2 hours away that has a good bagel but I don't get down there that much. Come to think of it I'm going down that way tomorrow to go to the Barrett Jackson auto auction, ah bagels!

I have a thing for good Italian bread from Brooklyn. When I moved to Florida 6 years ago I went to the local supermarket and asked for Italian bread. The lady handed me a loaf of what looked and felt like white bread. I had a good laugh but I'm still searching for a good crusty loaf of Italian bread. Pretty much convinced at this point it doesn't exist down here.

The other thing is also bread related, it's a bagel in Florida, good luck with that. They do have these rolls with holes in them that they try to pass of as a bagel but I'm not buying it. I did find one place in West Palm, about 2 hours away that has a good bagel but I don't get down there that much. Come to think of it I'm going down that way tomorrow to go to the Barrett Jackson auto auction, ah bagels!

Mazzaro's Italian Market in St. Pete? www.mazzarosmarket.com

Mazzaro's Italian Market in St. Pete? www.mazzarosmarket.com

Funny but I drove there last year for the bread. It was OK but the crust was too thin so I crossed it off my list. The bread did look great though, I was so excited when I first saw it. I actually bought every loaf they had on the shelves. With out a doubt it was the best bread I have had down here, just not like Brooklyn.

I actually said chocolate in post 2.
Alan mentioned chocolate in post #2 actually but yes, bacon is still a no-show amazingly.
I must've stopped reading at "red wine", thinking that would be a distant #2 behind chocolate.

I stand corrected... as long as by the word "square" you mean "a hunk at least six inches on a side".

I actually said chocolate in post 2. And here I am thinking no-one ignores me :nonono:

And there I was in that other concurrently running thread, making out that I was ignoring you.

My cover's blown :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom