whitestick update

My heart goes out to you . Take time and grieve . Also take time to be good to yourself . I second the support groups or private grief therapy . I am so sorry for your loss .

I'm so sorry to hear this. Thanks for taking time in this moment of grief to pass the news to us here, as I know many of us have been thinking a lot about both of you. Take care.

samclem

I also send my condolences. And thank you for taking the time to update us. I know there is nothing anyone can say in these situations, but best wishes for you going forward.

So very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that with time, you will remember far more of the wonderful times you shared and the difficult ones will be less painful to recall.

My dear father was recently diagnosed with mesothelioma and given his age and the stage of his disease, we are making the most of the limited time we know he has. Thank you for sharing your journey; it has helped more than you can imagine.

God bless you and God rest your DW's soul.

So sorry for the loss... how long were you two together? Any kids or grandkids to help?

I have a sister and a friend both lose SOs a few months apart... one of the things that I found out from them is to get the support you need, in whatever form... my sister was in a support group at church... and still goes two years later... she is now doing it to help others...
We were going to celebrate 43 years of marriage this year. Have 1 daughter and two grandkids. Some of the hard times are when the 2 year old keeps asking for meemaw, when she comes to the house. I think the 4 year old understands a bit more, as he has been noticeably quiet about asking for meemaw. He was always the one that came to her for her suckers. One of DWs nephews wrote a song about her, with a chorus line that says "I'll remember you", and in it he talks about her magic purse that always contained candy, or the magic closet with toys for kids, or her phrases like "how are you doing hun?" There are other verses, but you get the idea. It's descriptive of how she was, and was a nice tribute, we sat around one night singing it, and we all started crying. Part of the grieving process, I know, but the support groups help. A lot of the people that she touched have been calling and offering to talk or help or anything, so I'm getting a lot of help right now, in fact today was the first day that I was able to stay home alone and just reflect. It helps to have a little alone time as well. I'll probably call one of them tomorrow again, and I appreciate everyone's condolences and comments here.
If my experiences are able to help Achiever51 and others, then I guess DW is continuing her influence through me, so that's a good legacy.
Thanks again.

So sorry for the loss. Take care of yourself.

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Wow! Forty-three years. You must have found a great one. You are fortunate to have had so many years with her.

Take care.

Whitestick, I'm so sorry for your loss. You were both lucky to have found each other.

Back
Top Bottom