AAPL AMZN MSFT battle of the market caps

copyright1997reloaded

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
With Apples recent (partial) fall from grace, we now have a three way battle for market cap supremacy (in the United States). For fun, I took my google tracking spreadsheet I use for my holdings and made a mini version which shows each of the stocks and their market caps (updated in real time).

Here's a link for those who want to to play:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1da8Hoc-gRNfOgaOyc1Nv9aazb2Dz3w_6mZgs2g_kHfY/edit?usp=sharing

Some notes:
1) I made this pretty simple, no graphics or other things (my real tracking spreadsheet has 15-20 tabs with various pivots and other things).
2) The number of shares is grabbed from an article today (along with the as of date). Since these companies (especially Apple) have been doing share repurchases, this information will soon be out of date. If anyone out there has a source of updated share count data that can be automated...let me know.

With Apples recent (partial) fall from grace, we now have a three way battle for market cap supremacy (in the United States). For fun, I took my google tracking spreadsheet I use for my holdings and made a mini version which shows each of the stocks and their market caps (updated in real time).

Here's a link for those who want to to play:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1da8Hoc-gRNfOgaOyc1Nv9aazb2Dz3w_6mZgs2g_kHfY/edit?usp=sharing

Some notes:
1) I made this pretty simple, no graphics or other things (my real tracking spreadsheet has 15-20 tabs with various pivots and other things).
2) The number of shares is grabbed from an article today (along with the as of date). Since these companies (especially Apple) have been doing share repurchases, this information will soon be out of date. If anyone out there has a source of updated share count data that can be automated...let me know.

Hard to believe it took roughly ~118 years from the first time US Steel bonded out to $1 Billion USD in the 1900s

I doubt I will be alive to see the $1 Quadrillion Market cap, but maybe so this significance although seemingly small might not be.

... we now have a three way battle for market cap supremacy ...
I have no idea why this would be important to anyone, even to the companies' principal shareholders.

But I have no idea why anyone would be interested in professional sports either.

I have no idea why this would be important to anyone, even to the companies' principal shareholders.

But I have no idea why anyone would be interested in professional sports either.

Bragging rights?

Then again, as with most things - if it doesn't interest you, move on down the road. :dance:

I added some conditional formatting on the market cap column (column J) and added a new column next to it showing the delta from the cap leader to the others. (Column K).

As of this moment, AMZN has the largest market cap.

Back
Top Bottom