Anyone Have Opinions About VHGEX

TedMunson

Dryer sheet wannabe
I was curious if anyone uses the Vanguard Global Equity Fund (VHGEX)?

I wanted to shift part of our portfolio more towards stocks and international. It seems like this fund has had a pretty good run. I know past performance...but was just curious what others thought of this fund.

Thanks,

Ted

Last edited:
I've got a portion of my portfolio invested in VHGEX. I chose this fund for my global investments when I ER'd 2 years ago. It has provided my absolute best returns over that 2 year period. :D. I know that won't always be the case.... but so far, so good!

Although primarily an index guy, I've had about 2.5% of my money in it since 2001. Don't remember why I chose it, but there was probably a good reason.

You might compare it to Oakmark Global. Be sure to look at the holdings of each as Oakmark invests in US stocks with global reach, not just foreign stocks.

Although primarily an index guy, I've had about 2.5% of my money in it since 2001. Don't remember why I chose it, but there was probably a good reason.

Seems like you were right the first time and maybe you should have just stuck to your indexing principles. The EFA index has done as well or a bit better at lower cost and many of the other international indexes have done way better.

I was curious if anyone uses the Vanguard Global Equity Fund (VHGEX)?

I wanted to shift part of our portfolio more towards stocks and international. It seems like this fund has had a pretty good run. I know past performance...but was just curious what others thought of this fund.

Thanks,

Ted

I bought into this fund last year and has been happy with it. It's part of my "core" holdings. I sold VEIEX but kept VHGEX.

Back
Top Bottom