Asset Allocation resources?

frugalthirty

Dryer sheet wannabe
A few years ago I read a book that discusses AA and gave example AAs for different timelines and risk tolerance. I’ve based my AA off that book. Now I can’t seem to remember the title. I want to revisit the “why” of my selected AA to see if I want to change it up. I find that I’m for more aggressive than online calculators suggest I be. So I don’t really want to use online calculators.
Books/website suggestions?

This one fits the description too.

four-pillars-investing-lessons-building-winning-portfolio.jpg

All About Asset Allocation is a great book - very readable. Ferri told me in an email that he's working on an update (would be the 3rd edition). Should be interesting because he seems to have shifted to a more conservative approach in his more recent public statements. His "new center of gravity" is 30/70 as a starting point for all retirees. See https://seekingalpha.com/article/3036636-the-center-of-gravity-for-retirees

Larry Swedroe is another author to check out. He came up with the phrase "ability, need and willingness to take on risk" or something like that. His books like "The only guide to the Right Financial Plan " discuss this threesome in detail and help one decide for themselves how the driving forces behind their decisions should be weighted.

Back
Top Bottom