Doom and gloom

You can pause the video quickly enough, if that's your concern.

My ad blockers didn't stop the auto-play video. Actually Apple just announced they will have that, configure their browser to not play auto-play video.

Why would I wanna listen to this guy(again)?

If I listened to him again, I might not want to scream "WHEEE!!!!" at the top of my lungs, at least not for a few hours. :D

:dance:

And there are just as many talking heads that claim the market is going to go up like never seen before. Then another guy saying brace for zero growth, and so on.

Eventually one of these guys is going to be correct, is that like a broken clock is at least correct twice a day?

Thanks for the link. I always liked Jim Rogers.

Here's a summary.

He wears a bow tie,
And I know he wouldn't lie,
But with the market so high,
It can't grow to the sky.
Fed is going to try,
But in the end we'll all cry.
Burma Shave.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I always liked Jim Rogers.

Here's a summary.

He wears a bow tie,
And I know he wouldn't lie,
But with the market so high,
It can't grow to the sky.
Fed is going to try,
But in the end we'll all cry.
Burma Shave.

Nice.

you forgot one. Move to Asia

Isn't he the one that back in '07 said the future was Asia, not the US? He then moved to Singapore. It's been 10 years, so how do US and Asia investments compare?

And someday the market will crash, so he'll be right. ;-)

Jim Rogers and Harry Dent should both be banished to the doom dungeon.

Sounds like an awesome buying opportunity coming!!!

"The stock market won't change very much in the next few years", said nobody who has ever made money selling clickbait.

Thank goodness I took his advice in 2008 and have remained in cash ever since.

I remember this guy on CNBC talking gloom and doom in the '90's. And not just D&G but runaway inflation was just around the corner

Nice.

you forgot one. Move to Asia

right - that's the main message I remember. He put everything in asian currency, etc. Not so sure that was the best move in hindsight.

Isn't he the one that back in '07 said the future was Asia, not the US? He then moved to Singapore. It's been 10 years, so how do US and Asia investments compare?

Exactly! I know foreign stocks haven't been great since 2011/2012. Not so sure about since 2007. The dollar has strengthened markedly since 2014.

This guy has a pretty strong opinion about Jim Rogers and his track record:

Last edited:
Why do they always describe this guy as "legendary"?

I know of plenty of characters in history who were "legendary" and it ended badly for them.

legendary <does not equal> prescient

Back
Top Bottom