How is my fund doing today?

Sandy & Shirley

Recycles dryer sheets
I could swear that a few weeks ago I went to a website, maybe it was even my broker Fidelity, and did a search for one of my Mutual Funds in the middle of the day.

When the page came up it showed be how the fund did yesterday, and more important, it told me the top ten symbols that the fund was invested in.

The most important thing that I remember was the the list of top investments showed me how each symbol was doing so far today, probably with a 15 minute lag time, but who cares!

Of course, at 70, I do suffer from CRS, so I Can’t Remember the Source URL of where I saw this real time fund data. Knowing this on the day I want to buy or sell something would be helpful information.

Does anyone know where this information might be available in real time?

Last edited:
I could swear that a few weeks ago I went to a website, maybe it was even my broker Fidelity, and did a search for one of my Mutual Funds in the middle of the day.

When the page came up it showed be how the fund did yesterday, and more important, it told me the top ten symbols that the fund was invested in.

The most important thing that I remember was the the list of top investments showed me how each symbol was doing so far today, probably with a 15 minute lag time, but who cares!

Of course, at 70, I do suffer from CRS, so I Can’t Remember the Source URL of where I saw this real time fund data. Knowing this on the day I want to buy or sell something would be helpful information.

Does anyone know where this information might be available in real time?
Go to Morningstar. Enter your fund ticker in the quote field. Click on the Portfolio tab. Look for Holdings and click on that. Then click on the "Equity Prices" tab. You will see the fund holdings ranked by highest holding size. The current price performance for each holding is shown.

Example: http://portfolios.morningstar.com/fund/holdings?t=VIGAX®ion=usa&culture=en-US

I generally use this only when I see market action in a sector that I invest in. Right now Amazon is up big time along with the other FANG stocks. You will see this by looking just looking at VUG which is the etf for VIGAX.

AMZN keeps crushing it. I don't know WHY I don't buy this stock individually. I keep asking myself that every year dangit.

AMZN keeps crushing it. I don't know WHY I don't buy this stock individually. I keep asking myself that every year dangit.
GE keeps getting crushed. Those two pop out when looking at various funds.

Thanks for the pointer, this is great stuff.

how often are the equities held by the fund updated? It's easy to update equity prices. But how often do MF dump a listing of all their holdings?

At least annually, and it may well be quarterly... I don't remember... since I'm mostly in index funds it doesn't matter much to me.

Why would you want to look at daily prices for any investment ?

Back
Top Bottom