If you are thinking of adding to equites...

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This article on "averaging in" to boost an equity position is pretty interesting: https://www.bernstein.com/bernstein/email/oncebittentwiceshy.pdf

Here is one graphic from the article:
image1.jpg

Of course, I have no idea what might be optimal going forward. My guess is that one might want to average in so as to avoid a full helping of extra equity until we get into the fall season to avoid a possible "second wave". So maybe 6 months to 12 months in installments.

Sounds reasonable. I am out of the market right now, but will go all in at 2500-2600 regardless of the Pandemic,Riots,Elections,Political scandals,meteors or whatever is the new's of the day knowing full well we are going to 5,000-6.000 before the 13 year Bull market ends and this all comes crashing down!:popcorn:

Sounds reasonable. I am out of the market right now, but will go all in at 2500-2600 regardless of the Pandemic,Riots,Elections,Political scandals,meteors or whatever is the new's of the day knowing full well we are going to 5,000-6.000 before the 13 year Bull market ends and this all comes crashing down!:popcorn:

How do you arrive at 2500-2600 ?

Please go post this over at bogleheads.org which always has a thread trashing DCA. LOL!

Sell puts in the meantime? Free money if you're certain of buying.

That's why I like posting here. More open minds. :)

:LOL: I not only DCA when investing large sums, but also I have paid off my mortgage, have only one credit card, and took SS at age 70. :eek:

I'm happy with my choices and if other people don't like my decisions, my attitude is gosh, that's too bad. :D

The bull market already ended.

Please go post this over at bogleheads.org which always has a thread trashing DCA. LOL!

Why? It shows exactly what it shows: you are better off lump summing most of the time. No one ever says you are better off all of the time. And this chart backs that up.

Back
Top Bottom