It would have been funny if it weren't real

I called up a fortune teller as I wanted to get a reading next week.
She asked when when I would like my appt.
I hung up, since she should already know that if she is any good. :D

My wife used to schedule commercials for a local TV station. Some of the commercials were for various fortune tellers. They all used to call her to find out when their commercials would be on the air.

In NY state many years ago the cops raided a fortune teller. They joked, she should have seen it coming.

You do NOT have to read this "article". It's not even a useless clickbait - just a hilarious admission to what we always knew: "analysts" are clueless and the whole financial advisory industry is a racket. Imagine if you were actually paying for these guys to jerk you around every 6 months :banghead:

Wall Street Soothsayers Are Bewildered About What’s Next

I guess that's why it's important to read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street." No one really knows what's gonna happen in the short run. In the long run (asteroids and armageddon exempted) the markets will rise. Be a part of it.

I guess that's why it's important to read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street." No one really knows what's gonna happen in the short run. In the long run (asteroids and armageddon exempted) the markets will rise. Be a part of it.

+1

I find that I have reached the personal financial level that the conversation of the "experts" amuses me. so many "predictions" seem me as follows: "I think ABC will happen. But then, DEF might happen, so GHI might not happen. But then JKL could occur, and neither ABC or GHI will happen, but some unknown unknown will, or maybe not. And I stand by that prediction."

+1

I find that I have reached the personal financial level that the conversation of the "experts" amuses me. so many "predictions" seem me as follows: "I think ABC will happen. But then, DEF might happen, so GHI might not happen. But then JKL could occur, and neither ABC or GHI will happen, but some unknown unknown will, or maybe not. And I stand by that prediction."

jollystomper, you could be the next talking head on TV!! You explained that better than anyone has before.

But I AM disappointed that you think GHI might not happen. I was gonna buy a truck load because of the big merger. :facepalm::LOL::cool:

A famous quote by John Bogle: "Nobody knows nothin'".

I invest accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom