Long-term investing in the stock market pays off!

medelste

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi everyone, I'm helping a couple friends get started with investing and I'm looking for evidence that the broad stock market has historically produced higher returns than other investments over long time periods (15+ years). But I can't find any recent (past couple of years) articles or charts on the internet demonstrating that. Do you have any go-to articles that I can share with them that shows the power of the stock market over long terms?

Hi everyone, I'm helping a couple friends get started with investing and I'm looking for evidence that the broad stock market has historically produced higher returns than other investments over long time periods (15+ years). But I can't find any recent (past couple of years) articles or charts on the internet demonstrating that. Do you have any go-to articles that I can share with them that shows the power of the stock market over long terms?
Since their success will depend entirely on as yet unknown events, why not content yourself with seeking your own success, and let them seek theirs? It is easy enough to make enemies without sticking your neck out on some one else's future investment results.

Ha

Last edited:
I suggest you wait on this.

Wait until a deep bear market and then see how you feel about advising your friends.

google ibbotson data

I suggest you wait on this.

Wait until a deep bear market and then see how you feel about advising your friends.

Since their success will depend entirely on as yet unknown events, why not content yourself with seeking your own success, and let them seek theirs? It is easy enough to make enemies without sticking your neck out on some one else's future investment results.

Ha

+1^2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom