Stock market waiting for the fed.

0.25% is priced in. 90% probability: Countdown to FOMC: CME FedWatch Tool

It'll be hard to tell what bond funds and ETFs do, but they haven't really moved since that big equity dump on February 8. I wanted them to drop another 0.5% to 1% (in price, not rate) before June, but so far I've been stymied.

Last edited:
What is considered a normal 10 year treasury yield? 4-5%?

All of 'em? That would be something.

-ERD50

So, which do you think would be more unusual? Every stock ending at the same price, or every stock with a different price but, added together, the total value is unchanged. Both are pretty unlikely, eh?

So, which do you think would be more unusual? Every stock ending at the same price, or every stock with a different price but, added together, the total value is unchanged. Both are pretty unlikely, eh?

Or stocks trading tomorrow - Saturday?

Last edited:
How about the S&P has a change of less than .25% today.

Does anyone agree the most significant risk to the stock market is the fed over tightening?

They use the word normalizing when referring to interest rates. Like theres a normal rate that is recognized no matter what. Like I should feel 5% is a normal amount to pay to borrow money. Normal is such a comforting word. Everything is normal. Is that not soothing?

Does anyone think housing prices are normal now? Have they risen too high? Or are they still too low? Does anyone have a way to gage when housing has become unaffordable for too many people?

Either is unlikely, but occasionally a large index will be unchanged for the previous day.

I never would expect to see every stock on the exchange unchanged, (assuming the exchange was open of course!).

Anyhow, it seemed like a very odd prediction from Free Bird. Tough enough to predict up or down, but predicting no change at all means getting it exactly right.

-ERD50

Does anyone think housing prices are normal now? Have they risen too high? Or are they still too low? Does anyone have a way to gage when housing has become unaffordable for too many people?

My home has appreciated +4.2% on average over 3.5yrs (according to appraiser). This seems "on-par" with annual 2-4% raises most folks receive.

But this is my area. Mileage may vary.

I think barrier to entry is being burdened by student loan debt? I hear people complain about slow wage growth, but it has never hampered my ability to create opportunities and I'm keeping up with inflation fine. Words from a workin class common man. :D

Anyhow, it seemed like a very odd prediction from Free Bird. Tough enough to predict up or down, but predicting no change at all means getting it exactly right.

-ERD50

What's tough about predicting stocks will be unchanged tomorrow? It's Saturday. :D

Student loans are a total travesty. Anyone who wants to better themselves & society by educating themselves should be supported by the tax payer. Our educational process is backward. Student debt is slowing the economy by at least 1%.

Student loans are a total travesty. Anyone who wants to better themselves & society by educating themselves should be supported by the tax payer. Our educational process is backward. Student debt is slowing the economy by at least 1%.
And how exactly is this related to the thread topic?

Its not. Thread police are close behind. Have a great day.

Its not. Thread police are close behind. Have a great day.
Thread police? Hardly. I just thought there might be a connection that I was missing. That's all. You want to talk about student loans, go right ahead. :)

What's tough about predicting stocks will be unchanged tomorrow? It's Saturday. :D

Tomorrow wasn't Saturday when the prediction was made.
But if you wait long enough yesterday will be Saturday.

I predict that the Dow will be exactly 25,000 today. I'll tell you later what I mean by today.

Michael I admit I have a bad habit of jumping from one subject to the other. Someone else mentioned studend loans & I responded. Watching the NCAA tournament right now. And that has no connection either. I will try to stay in my lane but no promises.

Michael I admit I have a bad habit of jumping from one subject to the other. Someone else mentioned studend loans & I responded. Watching the NCAA tournament right now. And that has no connection either. I will try to stay in my lane but no promises.

You might get better reception if you start a new thread when you start a new topic. And stay on your ADD meds. :)

I'm glad you brought up the subject of mental health Wahoo. I think the country is long over due to reform how we stigmatize people who suffer from mental health issues. It effects public safety & the overall condition of our country. Thanks again.

I'm glad you brought up the subject of mental health Wahoo. I think the country is long over due to reform how we stigmatize people who suffer from mental health issues. It effects public safety & the overall condition of our country. Thanks again.

^ A new topic that needs its own thread.

Back
Top Bottom