Act fast: Darn good Delta deal alert with tickets starting at 5,000 SkyMiles

Luvtoride

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Saw this on The Points Guy site.

https://thepointsguy.com/deals/delta-skymiles-sale/?utm_source=flipboard

It’s not all travel cities and not for all dates but there are some amazing deals to be had using Delta SkyMiles. Good luck!

IMG_0537.jpg

We've spotted a few half price or less deals to London and Dublin. Either place you have access to budget European airlines that can get you to anywhere in Europe cheap. My wife says Barcelona flights have also been discounted.

In our ER years, our interests are in international travel.

I procrastinated and accidentally got this deal late last week. ATL-IAH = 17,500 per person for the 2nd week in February. This was for the regular level (not basic) so we could pick our seats and sit together and at the particular times of day we needed to hit on both travel days. Not the best I'ver ever gotten, but worked out well for us this time.

The last time we used our Delta points on a points sale it was a bargain. But we did not use them on a Delta operated flight.

We got two one way tickets to Bangkok.

The interesting part.....the points required for a Korean Air flight through Incheon were a bargain compared to the points required on a Delta operated flight through dumpy Narita.

The other bonus...we really do like Delta but the inflight service on KAL was so much better.

Last edited:
Note: We flew ATL to AMS in October on what we thought was going to be a Delta flight. The flight was serviced by their partner, KLM.

The food was the worst we've ever experienced, and the KLM crew minimized any contact with the passengers. Boy, were we disappointed with the lack of service. Hopefully KLM will improve after the Covid situation settles.

We flew home on Delta, and were treated like kings. They came around so many times with drinks that we were floating as we got back into Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom