Airlines are going to regret...

jimnjana said:
Next they will be charging more for flying with an experienced pilot...

I'd pay $10 extra for a sober pilot.

This morning I heard the latest effort by the airlines to charge more for premium seating. I think it's the Airbus 320 that they were talking about where there are three seats on each side of the aisle. Airbus is telling the various carriers that they can reconfigure the seating to possibly charge more for certain seats. Their idea is to reduce the width of the center and window seats from 17" to 16" and add that 2" to the width of the aisle seat, making it 19 and possibly going to 20". The airlines figure they will be able to charge more for this premium seat. What will they think of next?

JOHNNIE36 said:
Their idea is to reduce the width of the center and window seats from 17" to 16" and add that 2" to the width of the aisle seat, making it 19 and possibly going to 20". The airlines figure they will be able to charge more for this premium seat. What will they think of next?

Are they going to vet who can select the narrower seats on some sort of physical dimension criteria, or will hilarity ensue?

Enquiring minds (attached to physical bodies concerned about "overlap") want to know!

check6 said:
Al you would go broke then. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999% of them are sober.

It was just a joke. :)

If people want to carry on their luggage so be it. But, I resent being asked to take my very small carry on bag out of the luggage bin so some person can put a much larger piece of luggage into it. Why should I give up my leg room (limited as it already is) for somebody who wants to carry on her luggage?

Cross my heart I don't resent this, and I think you should be able to use the overheads for one piece of luggage just like everyone else. Me, I'd probably pretend I didn't hear the flight attendant if they tried to determine ownership with an eye toward removing it. Or pretend I was asleep.

What I do resent are passengers placing two items in the overheads before later boarders have even had a chance to place one up there.

I do have to say though, that most of our travel these days is international, where included services still exist. Two pieces of checked luggage, meals, be as they may, and all the light alcohol you might wish from the moment the plane reaches cruising altitude, all still at no extra charge. It's very nice, even in economy class. Flying domestic is rather jarring by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom