Another really remote place

FinallyRetired

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I [-]waste [/-]spend some of my time looking for really remote places in the world. Probably harking back to my Air Force days, glad that I don't have to worry about actually being sent there. But some of these places are quite interesting, such as St Helena, a South Atlantic island best known as Napoleon's prison.

Here is a web site for St Helena

Saint Helena - The Island In The South Atlantic Ocean

And here is a web site for their national bank. Their FAQ includes the following question on ATMs

Frequently Asked Questions

Are there ATMs on St Helena?

Before we can install an ATM (ATM=’Automated Teller Machine’, i.e. a cash machine) we need to solve the problem of maintenance. An ATM needs regular maintenance from a qualified engineer. There could never be enough ATMs on St. Helena to justify having someone that qualified here full-time, so we would bring in an engineer on a ’flying visit’. This is not practical until there is an airport on St. Helena. Once the airport is operating we can consider installing ATMs.

Bank of St. Helena: Frequently Asked Questions

Before we can install an ATM (ATM=’Automated Teller Machine’, i.e. a cash machine) we need to solve the problem of maintenance. An ATM needs regular maintenance from a qualified engineer. There could never be enough ATMs on St. Helena to justify having someone that qualified here full-time, so we would bring in an engineer on a ’flying visit’. This is not practical until there is an airport on St. Helena. Once the airport is operating we can consider installing ATMs.

Part-time retirement job opportunity??

Back
Top Bottom