Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
which cruise ship? Inquiring minds want to know if you'd share info

VTG #21233 Pullmantur Zenith.

I'll PM you with contact info.

Just got packed for a week in Mexico. 20 lb pack includes two sets of snorkel gear. Retired (at age 50) today, Mexico tomorrow!

VTG #21233 Pullmantur Zenith.

I'll PM you with contact info.

Have you cruised with Pullmantur before? I have not but am very interested in giving them a whirl at some point (when they are discounted heavily on VTG or similar).

Have you cruised with Pullmantur before? I have not but am very interested in giving them a whirl at some point (when they are discounted heavily on VTG or similar).

We did three back-to-backs on the Pullmantur Monarch earlier this year, and have previously made three separate trips on the CDF (Croisières de France) Horizon, the sister ship of the Zenith.

(CDF has subsequently been absorbed by Pullmantur the parent company.)

We love them, and have met a number of people aboard who are repeat passengers......but the line is not for everyone....they're (somewhat) 'older', midsized, vessels.........more to the taste of people who prefer ships over 'floating malls'.

(Basic beers, (Tecate was the 'freebie' on the Monarch), and wines are included in the cruise price.......also cappuccinos, etc.)

We love them, and have met a number of people aboard who are repeat passengers......but the line is not for everyone....they're (somewhat) 'older', midsized, vessels.........more to the taste of people who prefer ships over 'floating malls'.

(Basic beers, (Tecate was the 'freebie' on the Monarch), and wines are included in the cruise price.......also cappuccinos, etc.)

This sounds great to me! Thank you very much.

10/29 DSIL shows up to cover 10 days of caretaker duty for DW.

I am heading out on a driving trip north, then east. Two friend/family stops and a week of unplanned travel. I need a break and some alone time. It will be late Fall and I love the cool weather. I need to work off 300,000 hotel points accumulated with HIG.

10/29 DSIL shows up to cover 10 days of caretaker duty for DW.

I am heading out on a driving trip north, then east. Two friend/family stops and a week of unplanned travel. I need a break and some alone time. It will be late Fall and I love the cool weather. I need to work off 300,000 hotel points accumulated with HIG.

Hope the missus is doing better. You certainly deserve a little decompression time away.

We’re doing an opposite roadtrip (south and to the west) next week to visit DS and his fam in Dallas for a week (minigranddaughters need spoiling). We’re taking our dog for a reunion with his two pups—they’ve not seen each other for three years but we still get a happy reaction from our dog by saying DS’s dogs’ names. The pack reunites!

they’ve not seen each other for three years but we still get a happy reaction from our dog by saying DS’s dogs’ names. The pack reunites!

Animals are more tuned in than many people, (non pet owners), give them credit for.

Seems like it took forever to get here as I planned it WAY back in February but off to Japan in 1 week (Circle of Japan cruise on Princess)

Invited to a summer home in Mazatlan for January (cold month in the SF Bay Area)

Last edited:
... yesterday, (price was too good to resist.....$370 US base price for an 'obstructed view' cabin on deck 9), booked from Santo Domingo to Lisbon departing April 14, 2018.......
DW wasn't enamored with the last Pullmantur cruise, but I was fine with it. The line is no good if you want to attend entertainment since it's all in French or Spanish. But who needs that anyway? The single supplement is 50%, so I can leave her home, lol! Myself in a cabin for $45/day range...not bad! Reasonably OK food on the buffet. And they have the BEST coffee/espresso! To upgrade from the bottom rung beer only costs $2 whereas the beers on Princess were limited (there wasn't a single "interesting" beer offered) and they ran $7-$9.

The problem I always have is the dang airfare back is horrific...$1269 one way Lisbon-Charlotte. #charlotteairportmonopoly

Last edited:
Thanks for the input on Pullmantur. My next princess cruise is based in Japan so it's like Japan on ship & off (no coffee shop / sushi bar instead .... no serenity pool / Japanese style bath instead) but anticipate shows in English

And they have the BEST coffee/espresso!
Indeed...the coffee is good!

To upgrade from the bottom rung beer only costs $2 whereas the beers on Princess were limited (there wasn't a single "interesting" beer offered) and they ran $7-$9.

Interestingly enough, on the last trip Tecate was the freebie and they charged for Corona....our feeling is that Tecate is the superior brew.

The problem I always have is the dang airfare back is horrific...$1269 one way Lisbon-Charlotte. #charlotteairportmonopoly

Wow...we found flights Lisbon-Toronto in the $300+ Cdn range....maybe fly to Toronto and walk home from there?

I am looking. Just found out daughter cannot travel with the new born this Christmas.

We were not able to a fall trip this year, other than a fabulous 3 day drive in the mountains, since DW had to stay home for numerous medical and family reasons. But...free to go after Oct 23 so I am on the prowl for a good last minute destination. Perhaps an AI in early Dec.

That price to Lisbon is great. We have been seeing excellent pricing from Toronto on TAP, Transat, and Sata. In fact, we have been seeing fares to international destinations from our part of the world at record low prices. Not certain why but we are taking advantage of it. Picked up a Jan Calgary-Singapore and a March return Manila-Calgary for $701 CAD. Lowest price in five years.

We get notification of great air from YYCdeals.com, YYZdeals.com and YVRdeals.com. They highlight great air deals as well as the odd mis price.

As of just now, VTG has the RC Civitavecchia-San Juan cruise (Nov 06) @$402 US for an inside cabin, which is better than we got in for...(we booked quite a while back).

(VTG's site currently appears to have typos for the Suites/Balconies though.)

Last edited:
Entertainment is very important to us so I appreciate the info!

Entertainment is very important to us so I appreciate the info!

We have friends who also enjoy the shows, (we attended one with them about three years ago, so we can say BTDT).......our personal preferences are for (some of) the informative lectures....but not the ones that turn out to be sales pitches.

We like to go to the big show every night and then often go to a comedian, piano bar singer, etc. It is a big part of the cruise for us. At home we don't stay up late but we do on cruises.

We like to go to the big show every night and then often go to a comedian, piano bar singer, etc. It is a big part of the cruise for us. At home we don't stay up late but we do on cruises.

I appreciate that, and you're not alone.....we read some/most of the posters on Cruise Critic, for whom the cruise is the holiday......for us it's to get from one place to another without flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom