Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would be hard pressed to do another transatlantic cruise. After three days we were both ready to jump ship! Might give it another go at some point.

Thinking of Cuba, Puerto Vallarta, or Costa Rica for a week to ten days if some good air fare pops up. We can arrange the rest on our own very easily.

As of just now, VTG has the RC Civitavecchia-San Juan cruise (Nov 06) @$402 US for an inside cabin, which is better than we got in for...(we booked quite a while back).

(VTG's site currently appears to have typos for the Suites/Balconies though.)

I'm not sure San Juan PR will be ready by Sunday, November 19 , and flights out may still be at a reduced level, or really crowded..

What do other folks think ?

I'm not sure San Juan PR will be ready by Sunday, November 19 , and flights out may still be at a reduced level, or really crowded..

Puerto Rico Now | Puerto Rico Now

Dated Oct 07/2017

Luis Munoz Marin International Airport
The airport is fully operational with scheduled domestic and international flights.

San Juan Harbor is open and expected to resume homeporting operations by Saturday, October 7

we have a cruise booked to cuba for november and just booked a trip to bermuda for april .

last thing we want to do is cruise to quebec city , nova scotia and prince edward maybe in sept .

Yes, We were supposed to go last month but Hurricane Irma stopped us . We are also looking at a Quebec cruise for next year .I have taken the cruise from new York to New England but now I would like to go from Quebec to Boston or from Quebec to Florida .

Remember being in Cuba in 1974 when Leonid Brezhnev visited......we were supposed to go into Havana (from Varadero) but that was cancelled 'for security reasons'......never had any desire to go back.

we did royal Caribbean to key west and cuba for november .

we booked a trip fltying to bermuds for april and now working on the celebrity cruise to nova scotia ,quebec city etc for sept .

we had to spend all this money for the chase sapphire reserve so we made it all trips for 3x the points and a 50% boost

Several years ago we did a fabulous last minute AI to Veradero. We arranged r a B&B in Havana for one night and a tour guide on the web prior to leaving.

Left our resort in Veradero, hopped on a local bus and our tour guide met us as we got off the bus in Havana. He had worked in NY for the Cuban team a the UN. He gave us a wonderful tour and explained the three economies that operating in Cuba at that time.

The resort food was extremely mediocre. The beach was wonderful. The people were incredibly friendly. Our B&B hosts in Havana were very gracious and we certainly enjoyed the tour, and the time we spent later on our own just walking around Havana. We do want to return at some point and spend more time touring the island on our own

I have not yet been able to verify this, but a poster on Cruise Critic just announced that Royal Caribbean has confirmed the November 19 docking.

I have not yet been able to verify this, but a poster on Cruise Critic just announced that Royal Caribbean has confirmed the November 19 docking.
I just looked at it looks like Royal has got their San Juan ports rerouted for at least some of their ships, if I'm reading this correctly. And if I'm reading this correctly and it's complete for November 19, then I don't see any cruise ships in. Zenith does show on that site...currently on the north coast of south america.

DW and I just finished packing our dive gear. Leaving for Bonaire at 2:45 in the morning. :dance:

I hope you're enjoying it, I'm jealous even though I dove in Aruba last month! I was supposed to be doing my AOW dives last week, bu the hurricane screwed that up. Currently scheduled to do them Sunday and the following Saturday now down in Pensacola. It's no Bonaire, but I'm expecting to enjoy the dives anyway:)

I just looked at it looks like Royal has got their San Juan ports rerouted for at least some of their ships, if I'm reading this correctly. And if I'm reading this correctly and it's complete for November 19, then I don't see any cruise ships in. Zenith does show on that site...currently on the north coast of south america.

First link doesn't appear to show Jewel of The Seas, which we're on......then again, nor does the second link....¿Quién sabe?

Added: Just logged in to our RC account; very little info, although it does show Civitavecchia to San Juan.

Last edited:
First link doesn't appear to show Jewel of The Seas, which we're on......then again, nor does the second link....¿Quién sabe?
That first link, not having Jewel in the list of altered itineraries looks promising. But we do see that those big RCL ships aren't going into San Juan this month. The second link was just who was scheduled to be in San Juan, no matter which ship. But I'm not confident that the calendar is populated that far in advance. I got confused with Zenith vs Jewel. Zenith is spring, Jewel is fall (now).

That first link, not having Jewel in the list of altered itineraries looks promising. But we do see that those big RCL ships aren't going into San Juan this month. The second link was just who was scheduled to be in San Juan, no matter which ship. But I'm not confident that the calendar is populated that far in advance.
I extended, (as I presume you did), the date on the 'In Port' link and got no hits either.

I got confused with Zenith vs Jewel. Zenith is spring, Jewel is fall (now).

It's sometimes difficult to keep track of where we're going, (did we mention Vision of The Seas next Fall?), we often wonder if/when we're going to show up at the wrong departure port. :LOL:

Tree-dweller I'd be interested in the name of the tour company and how you like the tour of Iceland. Iceland is on my bucket list.

Back from Iceland, having taken Collette’s Northern Lights tour, a Sunday morning to Friday pm tour. After an overnight flight, we were treated to a walking tour of Reykjavik Sunday while hotel rooms were prepared. Quick summary of the week:
Hotels: clean places to sleep with good breakfasts, no frills
Meals: I enjoyed the included breakfasts and dinners, though some grumbled about lack of variety at hotel meals. But I got to sample some of the best lamb, salmon and cod I’ve ever had, as well as local stuff like horse meat, whale and fermented shark.
Guide: our guide for the week was great- informative, knowledgeable and personable.
Sights: it’s an incredibly beautiful, awe-inspiring country. Geysers, glaciers, waterfalls, rainbows every single day. And yes, we did see the northern lights one night but frankly I wouldn’t have been disappointed if we didn’t see them; everything else was so magnificent. It rained softly every day, but it fortunately cleared briefly whenever we were off the bus (mostly).
Everyone speaks English, so that’s not a problem. Only caveat is that everything is expensive: snacks, souvenirs, etc. Beers in a pub are priced like a bar in a high-end New York hotel, $11-12 a glass.
We enjoyed the trip!

Was this a guided tour?

Do you have a link to the tour operator?

One week and we are headed to Key West for Fantasy Fest , All costumes are ready . We march in two parades . Friday night we are prisoners and Saturday night Steam Punk ! DW looks really good in Steam Punk . Our original hotel was water damaged , but the new one we found is fine

One week and we are headed to Key West for Fantasy Fest , All costumes are ready . We march in two parades . Friday night we are prisoners and Saturday night Steam Punk ! DW looks really good in Steam Punk . Our original hotel was water damaged , but the new one we found is fine

Send Pictures.....

Off this weekend for a driving trip:

Nashville to Asheville to Charleston to Hilton Head to Orlando (Epcot F&W) and back home from there (4 weeks in all)

Reverse flow: The oldest I've ever been on a roller coaster and the oldest roller coaster I've been on.

Attachments

• 20170905_181900_Roller Coaster.jpg
    20170905_181900_Roller Coaster.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Has anybody used Go Kenya Travel. DW has a friend who praises it. If you have how was the trip and was it worth the cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom